Register now to remove this ad

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Prospect Mega Thread

Rubby has had another atrocious start. He has been pretty bad in his last 3 starts. Two of them were disastrous. His ERA is at 3.90after tonight. Webster's first start at AAA since being optioned back was a bomb too. And to boot Middlebrooks is not finding himself either. The help we need this season will not be coming from our own system.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Henry Owens started a no-hitter in the minors, going 6+, with the relievers finishing up the job. I'd add him to the untouchable list... he seems to impress and impress and impress.

Barnes with a good start 7IP 3H 3BB 10K

Webster pitched a real stinker last night. 1 1/3 innings 3 hits 5 BB and 7 ER. He is not going to provide us with any help this season. His AAA ERA is 4.40. But if we take out all the bad games, he's a stud.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Webster pitched a real stinker last night. 1 1/3 innings 3 hits 5 BB and 7 ER. He is not going to provide us with any help this season. His AAA ERA is 4.40. But if we take out all the bad games, he's a stud.
    Ben the boob really screwed the pooch on that trade huh
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Another hitless start for Owens, 5Ip 9K

That is 15 straight hitless inning.

Quote Originally Posted by Rdsxmbnt View Post
    Ben the boob really screwed the pooch on that trade huh
    I said it at the time and I stand by it. I didn't care if we got anyone in return. If either of the remaining guys 2 guys of the 5 guys we received does anything, it will be gravy.

Barnes coming back to life: 5.0 IP, 2 hits, 1 ER, 3 BB, 8 K (7.0 IP, 3 hits, 0 ER, 3 BB, 10 K in his start before that)
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Quote Originally Posted by Rdsxmbnt View Post
    Barnes coming back to life: 5.0 IP, 2 hits, 1 ER, 3 BB, 8 K (7.0 IP, 3 hits, 0 ER, 3 BB, 10 K in his start before that)
    His k's have been there all season long. That shows that he has some stuff.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Do you guys think Barnes would be part of a deal package with WMB to get Peavy?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

If the Sox deal Barnes for Peavy i will sneak into John Henry's private box and uppercut him....twice.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    If the Sox deal Barnes for Peavy i will sneak into John Henry's private box and uppercut him....twice.
    He's a really skinny guy. Would the second uppercut be necessary?

You gotta make sure the target has been annihilated.
    We miss you Mike.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Well I don't think WMB is enough for Peavy. I feel like they'd add in another prospect. We have a lot of good prospects and I don't see some of them even being touched(Bradley Jr, Cecchini, Boagarts) If not Barnes, I can see Webster being traded. I personally don't want Peavy, but we'll see what happens.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

If the White Sox get Middlebrooks, they shouldn't also get one of our top 10 prospects. I'd be comfortable with Middlebrooks and Alex Wilson/Devon Marrero/Brian Johnson. Brentz, Almanzar and Hazelbaker are all eligible for the Rule 5 draft, but I'd make sure we have enough left to package for a reliever or two.