Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Prospect Mega Thread

Re: 2013 Prospect Mega Thread

Rubby with 3 scoreless innings today, 3 hits, 0 BB and 5 k's. This was his best outing thus far. They are still not stretching him out.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Cecchini had a good night, 3-4 with 2-2B & HR.

Rubby with 3 scoreless innings today, 3 hits, 0 BB and 5 k's. This was his best outing thus far. They are still not stretching him out.
    He was throwing 2 inning stints. They're starting to stretch him out. It's just a very gradual process.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    He was throwing 2 inning stints. They're starting to stretch him out. It's just a very gradual process.
    I think he waqs throwing 2 inning stints because his pitch counts were so elevated from walks and base runners. His last outing was his first relatively clean outing. We will see. They are certainly being very cautious in stretching him out if he just pitched 3 innings for the first time this season.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Barnes 6IP 3H 1ER/HR 2BB 10K

Nice bounce back from his rough start.

Good to see. I think of all the upper level pitching prospects Webster/RDLR/Ranuado/Workman, Barnes is the least polished so I think he's gonna have somewhat inconsistent results. That said with his stuff and poise I think he arguably has the highest potential.
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

I've always wondered what your name means Rdsxmbnt?
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    I've always wondered what your name means Rdsxmbnt?
    Rdsx = Red Sox, Mbnt = pieces of my first and last name

Made it like 10 years and ago and have just rolled with it since haha

Cool. Curiosity was killing me haha
    We miss you Mike.

Keith Law just answered one of my questions in his weekly chat - in case people are curious about these two guys:

Jeremy (Boston)

Question about two Sox prospects: Is Ranaudo's stuff actually better, or are we just looking at a SSS? Also - what are your thoughts on Garin Cecchini?

Klaw (1:24 PM)

Stuff is way better. Back in the 92-95 range, hammer CB, sounds like he's fully healthy for the first time in a while.

Klaw (1:25 PM)

Cecchini - great start, obviously not sustainable but might be a 60 or better hitter. I wonder if this is another healthy issue, that it took this long to finally get all his strength back. Could be a red herring, though.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    Keith Law just answered one of my questions in his weekly chat - in case people are curious about these two guys:

Jeremy (Boston)

Question about two Sox prospects: Is Ranaudo's stuff actually better, or are we just looking at a SSS? Also - what are your thoughts on Garin Cecchini?

Klaw (1:24 PM)

Stuff is way better. Back in the 92-95 range, hammer CB, sounds like he's fully healthy for the first time in a while.

Klaw (1:25 PM)

Cecchini - great start, obviously not sustainable but might be a 60 or better hitter. I wonder if this is another healthy issue, that it took this long to finally get all his strength back. Could be a red herring, though.
    Good to hear that about Ranaudo. I had written him off.

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    Good to hear that about Ranaudo. I had written him off.
    I think a lot of people had, including myself. Glad he was able to get to my question because I just assumed it was a SSS.

Banned

Sean Coyle hit 2 HR's last night, giving him 9 on the season. He is slugging .789.

Owens is rocking the house

6IP 2H 2ER 3BB 10K

Our budding ace is putting it together, might see him by late 2014 at this pace.

Great outings from Barnes and De La Rosa tonight:

Barnes: 6.0 IP, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
    RDLR: 4.0 IP, 0 ER, 0 BB, 6 K