Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Prospect Mega Thread

Re: 2013 Prospect Mega Thread

Ranaudo pick up win #5 with 6IP 3H 0R 3BB 5K lowing his ERA to 1.38
    Cecchini 1-4 2B

Anyone know what is wrong with Marrero?

De La Rosa hasn't allowed a run in his last 18 innings of work to lower his ERA 10 points. His line on the year is now:

24.2 IP, 3.65 ERA, 1.216 WHIP, 5.8 H/9, 5.1 BB/9, 10.6 K/9

Hopefully, between him, Webster (and maybe Ranaudo) we'll have some quality rotation depth in the second half.

Christian Vazquez is showing some interesting ability in Portland.

Only a .767 OPS but a .386 OBP and 48% CS.

Like to see a bit more power, obviously, but a catcher who can work the count and has That Arm is eventually going to be in the big leagues.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Considering how Salty has been behind the plate, if Vazquez's defense is that good I don't care if he hits like Iglesias. I think he'd save us more runs than his bat would cost us. Do you know what his "receiving skills" are like, ie framing, comfort with pitchers, ie things Varitek was known for?

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    Christian Vazquez is showing some interesting ability in Portland.

Only a .767 OPS but a .386 OBP and 48% CS.

Like to see a bit more power, obviously, but a catcher who can work the count and has That Arm is eventually going to be in the big leagues.
    If you promised me a .700 OPS from Vaz with a .345 OBP, I would sign up instantly. His defense is nothing short of mind boggling. 1.8-1.9 pop time consistently?? Sometimes in the 1.7's?!? Yes, pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Quote Originally Posted by italstallianion View Post
    Considering how Salty has been behind the plate, if Vazquez's defense is that good I don't care if he hits like Iglesias. I think he'd save us more runs than his bat would cost us. Do you know what his "receiving skills" are like, ie framing, comfort with pitchers, ie things Varitek was known for?
    No, but he's a very young catcher, so if I had to guess, I'd speculate that he was probably on the raw side with those, and would need the mentorship of an experienced catcher to help him get there from here.

I would also speculate that since these are issues that a hardworking catcher can learn, and Vazquez seems to be a hardworking kid, it will be a good bet that he eventually gets there.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Christian Vazquez had a huge game at the plate yesterday, going 4-4 with 2 doubles, a triple, and a HR.

He's now hitting .298/.412/.479 in AA with a 48% CS%.
    Also we have to trade Bogaerts and Bradley while they still have some interest from other teams. They are lemons. Are you aware that X is hitting less than 130 with RISP. As I said in April we could have a choker on our hands. I will say this August....WE DO HAVE A CHOKER ON OUR HANDS.

Dat caught stealing. Don't stick your hands down his cookie jar.

Quote Originally Posted by Standing Room View Post
    De La Rosa hasn't allowed a run in his last 18 innings of work to lower his ERA 10 points. His line on the year is now:

24.2 IP, 3.65 ERA, 1.216 WHIP, 5.8 H/9, 5.1 BB/9, 10.6 K/9

Hopefully, between him, Webster (and maybe Ranaudo) we'll have some quality rotation depth in the second half.
    Or nice young arms for next year and beyond.

De la Rosa has to lower the walks. He won't be allowing 5.8 hits per 9 in the bigs. If he keeps that walk rate near five, he's gonna roast in the bigs
    Hal sucks

Position Prospect of the Day: Christian Vazquez, C, Red Sox (Double-A Portland): 4-4, 2 2B, 3B, HR, 2 R, 2 RBI, BB; changed swing mechanics to shorten up; making consistent loud contact; line-drive stroke; plus defensive profile; most scouts I talk to believe he has the ability to play every day; .375/.444/.625 with 3 2B, 3B, and HR in last 32 at-bats.

-Baseball Prospectus

Bradley is hitting .352 with a .452 OBP

I'm surprise he isn't here with Victorino on the shelf.

He'll be called up within the next couple of days. Once Aceves pitches, he'll be sent down and Bradley will replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Standing Room View Post
    He'll be called up within the next couple of days. Once Aceves pitches, he'll be sent down and Bradley will replace him.
    Yup. I think we've been on the same page on this all along

Rubby's line for the night - 4 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K

The further he's gotten from his TJS, the better his control has become.