Register now to remove this ad

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: 2013 Prospect Mega Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Betts' defense is pretty awful from what I read.
    Really? Everything I've read said it is exceptional. Well maybe you're right, and if so, that makes it a bit easier to justify a transition into the OF, perhaps LF.

Christian Vazquez, who is a ridiculous defensive catcher, is hitting .289/.374/.397 in Portland right now.

He's got 43 BB and 41 K's.

May not get a ton of pop out of him, but he throws out 45% of base stealers, takes a lot of walks, and rarely strikes out. If he can be a .350-.360 OBP guy at the MLB level and control the running game, that would be a huge addition.

Barnes successful in AAA debut

5.1IP 3H 2BB 7K 0R 86pitches

Red Sox top pitchers have been killing it the past couple months:

Webster last 8 starts (AAA): 45.2 IP, 28 hits, 2.56 ERA, 15 BB, 49 K, 3 HRA

Ranuado in AAA: 30.1 IP, 32 hits, 2.97 ERA, 7 BB, 21 K, 1 HRA

Owens (AA): 24.2 IP, 12 hits, 1.09 ERA, 14 BB, 38 K, 1 HRA

I don't have Barnes numbers for AA, but his last month or two before his promotion was his best stretch of the season, and his first start in AAA was a success.

RDLR has definitely hit a wall since July. Not sure if its fatigue or what but he'll need more time in AAA.

Britton and Workman have also both looked good so far the majors. Still think Workman is a starter though long term
    Quote Originally Posted by W.B. Mason View Post
    Did someone order...paperclips?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    Christian Vazquez, who is a ridiculous defensive catcher, is hitting .289/.374/.397 in Portland right now.

He's got 43 BB and 41 K's.

May not get a ton of pop out of him, but he throws out 45% of base stealers, takes a lot of walks, and rarely strikes out. If he can be a .350-.360 OBP guy at the MLB level and control the running game, that would be a huge addition.
    At worst, that would be a terrific backup C and late-game defensive substitution.

Suddenly the Sox seem flush with real potential at this position. Good article on Swihart from Sept 2:

http://www.masslive.com/redsox/index...uite_a_ca.html

From what I see so far, I'd be very happy with this duo manning the dish for the Sox for a while in the future.

Unbelievably, the Red Sox could have 9 preseason top 100 prospects next year.

Bogaerts
    JBJ
    Owens
    Cecchini
    Barnes
    Ranaudo
    Betts
    Swihart
    Ball

Not mentioning Manuel Margot, Jon Denney, or Luis Diaz, all of whom are major break out candidates for 2014.

Unbelievably, the Red Sox could have 9 preseason top 100 prospects next year.

Bogaerts
    JBJ
    Owens
    Cecchini
    Barnes
    Ranaudo
    Betts
    Swihart
    Ball

Not mentioning Manuel Margot, Jon Denney, or Luis Diaz, all of whom are major break out candidates for 2014.
    Did Webster lose eligibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Did Webster lose eligibility?
    I believe so, but if he didn't, then add him to the list. My assumption in the original listing is that he has lost eligibility.

I believe so, but if he didn't, then add him to the list. My assumption in the original listing is that he has lost eligibility.
    The rule is 45 days on the active roster (Not including September call-ups) or 50 IP pitched. I am not positive, but I do not think he has been on the roster for 45 days this season.

Baseball America just rated the Red Sox's farm system to be #1 in baseball for top-level prospects.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/major...act-potential/

here's a link for todays BA chat ref the red sox farm. www.baseballamerica.com/chat/?1387205875