Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rubby

The Red Sox organization just doesn't have time to wait for projects unless they have very high ceilings.

RDLR had his chance this year. He started off very well, but it seemed like he never made the adjustments. I would not be surprised to see him do very well next year.

Webster got shelled every time he went out. He seems like a AAAA player, but I'm no scout.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    The Red Sox organization just doesn't have time to wait for projects unless they have very high ceilings.

RDLR had his chance this year. He started off very well, but it seemed like he never made the adjustments. I would not be surprised to see him do very well next year.

Webster got shelled every time he went out. He seems like a AAAA player, but I'm no scout.
    Your "scouting" report was pretty much on the money Pal. RDLR was the same type of pitcher he was when he broke in with the Dodgers. One good outing, two bad ones---seemingly pitching well and then unraveling. And he will do that in Arizona unless they put him in the pen where I think he belongs. Two times around in the lineup and he usually is toast. Webster looks like a guy who pitches scared and maybe he'll do better in a weaker division and with a team where the fans are laid back and don't expect too much. To me he looked scared shitless every time I saw him on the hill this season. Even on the computer he looked like he had that deer in the headlights look. I think Miley is a safer bet than those two and I hope I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    He stinks. Webster in a low pressure environment could succeed if he can harness his command. His stuff is exceptional-- much better than Rubby's stuff.
    Is it me or Webster always looked panic on the mound. I won't miss neither of them.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Your "scouting" report was pretty much on the money Pal. RDLR was the same type of pitcher he was when he broke in with the Dodgers. One good outing, two bad ones---seemingly pitching well and then unraveling. And he will do that in Arizona unless they put him in the pen where I think he belongs. Two times around in the lineup and he usually is toast. Webster looks like a guy who pitches scared and maybe he'll do better in a weaker division and with a team where the fans are laid back and don't expect too much. To me he looked scared shitless every time I saw him on the hill this season. Even on the computer he looked like he had that deer in the headlights look. I think Miley is a safer bet than those two and I hope I'm right.
    I thought It was only me, but seems like we see the thing eye to eye.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    Is it me or Webster always looked panic on the mound. I won't miss neither of them.
    I think people are judging Webster a little too much on his facial expression. He pitched pretty well in September and that might give him more confidence going into next year. Or he might be one of those guys that does better in a low pressure environment.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    I thought It was only me, but seems like we see the thing eye to eye.
    We see eye to eye on a lot of things iortiz but I would bet dollars to donuts we'd get that same opinion from most of the members of this board. I watched this guy on the computer at least ten times in two seasons and it was always the same mortal fear on the mound. Save for a pretty good and winning outing against the Angels last August we never got anything from this guy to warrant our keeping him. The Dodgers are a pack of assholes but they were smart enough to dump him on us and claim he was one of their top two or three prospects. Typical LA bullshit.