Register now to remove this ad

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 1,831 to 1,844 of 1844

Thread: Trades before the deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport View Post
    Biggest news is Matt Moore to DL with sore elbow.
    This is huge news. If he heals as slowly as Buch, he's done for the season.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

We miss you Mike.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Yeah except that Moore is their second-best pitcher, and the extent of the injury is not known. If it's something bigger and he misses the rest of the year, it'd be a crippling blow.
    I think they are deep enough to withstand a loss to Moore, even if they lost him for the season. His peripherals suggest he's been a slightly above average starter this year. I think there would be a loss, but not that significant. What's the drop off between him and Hernandez ROS? 6 or 7 runs?

Might be enough to catapult Boston over them, but that's only if he misses the rest of the season.

Jesus Christ...I just read that with Norris traded, Erik Bedard is the highest paid player on the Astros at 1.15 million.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    I think they are deep enough to withstand a loss to Moore, even if they lost him for the season. His peripherals suggest he's been a slightly above average starter this year. I think there would be a loss, but not that significant. What's the drop off between him and Hernandez ROS? 6 or 7 runs?

Might be enough to catapult Boston over them, but that's only if he misses the rest of the season.
    It's not about the season. It's about the playoffs. The two sure things the Rays would have in their playoff rotation are Price and Moore. Hellickson is inconsistent, Archer unproven, and Carmnandez is not that good.
    We miss you Mike.

Although they didn't get a reliever, I feel Workman could be their RH reliever they were looking for. He throw strikes with quality stuff, and not many free passes.

Banned
    It's not about the season. It's about the playoffs. The two sure things the Rays would have in their playoff rotation are Price and Moore. Hellickson is inconsistent, Archer unproven, and Carmnandez is not that good.
    Hellickson's FIP and xFIP are virtually identical to Matt Moore's. They're also getting Alex Cobb back in a few weeks. Price-Cobb-Hellickson-Archer is a downgrade, but I don't think it's cataclysmic. However, this is assuming Moore misses the rest of the year. Maddon thinks he will be ready by the next Rays homestand, so there hasn't been any indication that the injury is serious.

Hellickson's FIP and xFIP are virtually identical to Matt Moore's. They're also getting Alex Cobb back in a few weeks. Price-Cobb-Hellickson-Archer is a downgrade, but I don't think it's cataclysmic. However, this is assuming Moore misses the rest of the year. Maddon thinks he will be ready by the next Rays homestand, so there hasn't been any indication that the injury is serious.
    Matt Moore's FIP is so high because of his out-of-control BB/9. But he and Hellickson really aren't in the same universe production-wise. Archer is unproven, Cobb is inconsistent.

That doesn't suddenly makes them a pumpkin, but they're clearly a tougher team in the playoffs with Moore than without him. There's no argument. We'll see what's the actual extent of his injury.
    We miss you Mike.

I think the key thing here to remember is that you really want to avoid that coin-flip play-in game. The division means a LOT right now. So with the Sox adding Peavy and the Rays losing Moore, that's a major SP talent swing in favor of the Sox for the forseeable future.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Juiced View Post
    I think the key thing here to remember is that you really want to avoid that coin-flip play-in game. The division means a LOT right now. So with the Sox adding Peavy and the Rays losing Moore, that's a major SP talent swing in favor of the Sox for the forseeable future.
    From all the information available, it appears that Moore is going to miss two weeks. Losing Moore for two weeks isn't a major swing. I agree that there is a swing, but it's pretty minor.

From all the information available, it appears that Moore is going to miss two weeks. Losing Moore for two weeks isn't a major swing. I agree that there is a swing, but it's pretty minor.
    When I posted this I was going on the speculation that Moore was going to be out for longer.

Lyon bombed out of the Mets bull pen of fire starters.
    In case you missed it, Lyon got released by the Red Sox on August 1st. Contreras currently has a 9.00 ERA at Pawtucket.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The Rays have gone 2-5 in the last seven games since Matt Moore went on the DL. Even if it only costs them one or two wins, these weeks are the wins they need. Once they hit August 23rd, their schedule gets insane.

In case you missed it, Lyon got released by the Red Sox on August 1st. Contreras currently has a 9.00 ERA at Pawtucket.
    Hahaha
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.