Register now to remove this ad

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Garin Cecchini

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    And a legitimate 30 HR guy will have some trade value despite a low OBP.
    Frankly, a legitimate 30 HR guy has a place on this roster. I just trust Cecchini to live up to his true potential more than I trust Middlebrooks to do the same and once both are up, I'd prioritize playing time appropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Cecchini hasn't had a single MLB plate appearance. Hold off on the accolades just a wee bit.
    True, it's a fair thing to point out, but if you look at the recent history of high OBP hitters in the minors and what they go on to do at the big league level, the odds are in his favor to become a productive big league 3B. Probably moreso than for high power low OBP guys. Especially because we just haven't seen a hitter hit as consistently as Cecchini in the minors in a very long time.
    Last edited by Dojji; 12-27-2013 at 10:12 AM.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    And a legitimate 30 HR guy will have some trade value despite a low OBP.
    And we sign Drew, which I am dead set against, Bogey goes to third and Cecchini is BLOCKED!!!!!!!!!!! That must not happen.

If they sign Drew for a year, how is Cecchini blocked? That makes zero sense.
    We miss you Mike.

Cecchini is starting to pick it up. He needs a strong finish to right the ship of a poor 2014 campaign. I like his swing, but his numbers are down this year. With the question at 3B for 2015 he needs to step it up to be in the conversation. I predict he will start the 2015 season in AAA.