Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez a prime murder suspect

Re: Aaron Hernandez a prime murder suspect

I'm disappointed that the Patriots released him. I understand they need to protect their image, but I think that sends the absolute wrong message ... and sending the opposite message, that of one being innocent until proven guilty, which is supported by our Constitution, would be sufficient in upholding their desired image.

You're overthinking this.
    We miss you Mike.

In what way? Taking strong actions against someone prior to being convicted sends a message of presumed guilt, and that should be avoided.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

I have to agree with him. Granted, most of the preliminary evidence seems to be pointing towards guilt. Maybe not murder, but at least involvement in murder, whether through destruction of evidence or obstruction of the investigation. However, until it is over there is always the chance that he will turn out to be innocent of wrongdoing. I do understand why the Patriots released him, as they don't want anyone who is even tangentially involved with a case like this on their team, and they have every right to do so if they want to, but yankees228 is correct in saying that it implies that the Patriots have assumed some sort of guilt, which goes against the Constution and established law.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

I live in North Attleboro ma. You would not believe all the media and other traffic this murder has created. The body was found about 200 yards from the house that I owned and lived in for 22 years. Arron Hernandez lives about two blocks from my old home. This is all very strange. I saw some of this frenzy when Teddy Buschi ( he lived across the street from me at the time)had his stroke. Young Theodore and his lovely Wife Heidi were loyal clients of mine. Adam Vinitiari (sp) used to live on my street. I'm casual friends with many Pats players. I normally would not be phased by any of this. However, this time I am puzzled. Why is this murder and the suspect Hernandez so important? We have many real problems to think about and to pay attention to in this country. Today I was looking forward to just seeing the Sox pre-game shows. Instead, no mater what sports station I turned to all that I could view is "live" coverage of this momentous occasion. If it were not for the media feeding this inconsequential crap to the insatiable masses, I would never even know about this case. Save for the three helicopters hovering overhead all day.

I'm just happy it took attention off of the Heat winning.

The reason i say it's being overthinked is because you're thinking about this from a player's well-being perspective, when this was likely a PR/money decision by the Patriots.
    We miss you Mike.

Oh, I agree with that too. The Patriots have every right to let him go for PR reasons, but he is innocent until proven guilty.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Hernandez needs to hit up Ray Lewis lawyer.

Also, saw some dude for the Browns, not a big name or anything, but he was on the roster, was charged with attempted murder.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Oh, I agree with that too. The Patriots have every right to let him go for PR reasons, but he is innocent until proven guilty.
    I just think they're trying to distance themselves from the whole situation regardless of the outcome. Just my humble opinion though.
    We miss you Mike.

But on the off chance he is acquitted, then they let him go for something that he had nothing to do with.

Hernandez the moment he realized he was getting arrested

President of the Andrew Bailey will be better than Papelbon club
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMeanWalrus;693016;
    Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan;693012;
    I love dogs but am obviously a "cat person".
    like they say about small cats ..... a little pussy never hurt anyone

I have little doubt in my mind that Hernandez isn't guilty after hearing the evidence that was presented in court today.

After days of secrecy in the closely watched investigation, the prosecutor's comments in court provided the first detailed account of Lloyd's killing and the evidence detectives have uncovered.
    A jogger found Lloyd's body, riddled with gunshot wounds, in a secluded area of an industrial park near Hernandez's house June 17, McCauley said.
    Investigators later found five shell casings at the scene. Inside his pocket, McCauley said, they found a wallet and keys to a car that Hernandez had rented.
    Around 2:30 a.m. that same day, the prosecutor said, Lloyd was last seen leaving his Boston home with Hernandez in a silver Nissan Altima.
    Less than an hour later, surveillance cameras at the North Attleborough industrial park showed the vehicle heading toward the remote area where Lloyd's body was later found, McCauley said.
    "The car goes down there at 3:22," McCauley said. "Four minutes later, the car is visible again. During the interval between 3:23 and 3:27, people who were working the overnight shift hear gunshots."
    Minutes later, surveillance video from Hernandez's home security system shows the former NFL player arriving back at his house with two other people, according to the district attorney. Hernandez appears to be holding a firearm, McCauley said.
    "The defendant goes walking through the house with the gun in his hand. That is captured in the video. ... And they all go down to the basement," McCauley said. "Once in the basement, the surveillance gets shut off."
    McCauley said the gun Hernandez was carrying in the surveillance video has not been found.

The evidence is seriously pointing towards murder, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Fitting that Hernandez' last act as a Patriot was to destroy surveillance footage. I wonder where he learned that from? :lol:
    Wow. Might be a post of the year contender.