Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaron Hernandez a prime murder suspect

Re: Aaron Hernandez a prime murder suspect

TMZ acquired a pic of him posing with a glock a few years ago while at University of Florida.

He never had a license to carry the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by yankees228 View Post
    I'm disappointed that the Patriots released him. I understand they need to protect their image, but I think that sends the absolute wrong message ... and sending the opposite message, that of one being innocent until proven guilty, which is supported by our Constitution, would be sufficient in upholding their desired image.
    It could have been building. Maybe they already knew about the other guy who Hernandez shot and the other gun incidents he was involved in.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Divinity View Post
    TMZ acquired a pic of him posing with a glock a few years ago while at University of Florida.

He never had a license to carry the gun.

What a tool. I didn't think anything could top "taking a cell phone picture in a mirror while smirking" for sheer college-kid douchiness, but apparently I was incorrect.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

A promising athletic career cut short by sheer and utter stupidity? Color me surprised.
    We miss you Mike.

I'm just surprised it happened to a non-black player from a nice part of Connecticut.

Hispanic, so close enough
    We miss you Mike.

Yeah, people from affluent and picturesque areas of Connecticut never shoot other people!
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Yeah, people from affluent and picturesque areas of Connecticut never shoot other people!

That's not my point. I just meant I've been by Bristol all the time, it doesn't seem like the hood. Nah'mean?

Oh, he's from Bristol? Uh..

You may need to slightly alter your definition of "nice area in Connecticut". Just because ESPN is there doesn't mean it isn't a pit. Look at New Haven, they have Yale, and the rest of the city is awful.

But yeah, I know what you meant, that he didn't grow up in Detroit or the slums of Philly or NYC or basically anywhere in the South, but he clearly still fell in with that sort of crowd.

I knew New Haven was very schizophrenic but I thought Bristol was at least decent. I figured the general part of the state aside from New Haven, Bridgeport, and parts of Stamford (and Hartford) were good. I mean it's not "Gold Coast" like the west or "Bunch of interchangeable forest/coast" like the east but still.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

ESPN had a write-up about how the Pats won't be the same without him. In the comments, everyone's posting that they were 5-1 without him last year. LOL.

On another note, according to a yahoo article, 27 NFL players (including Hernandez) have been arrested since the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    ESPN had a write-up about how the Pats won't be the same without him. In the comments, everyone's posting that they were 5-1 without him last year. LOL.
    Hernandez is definitely a big loss..

Welker, Gronk, Hernandez. Too many key offensive pieces falling off.

I get a strange feeling that the Pats will have a top defense next year, and have no punch.

It'll definitely be an interesting season for the Pats. However, I feel like they'll be fine, they still have Tom Brady.