Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: A-Rod's Future (Bans, Injuries and Fraud)

Well Alex, we'll always have 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    This couldn't be funnier. The guy goes on a campaign against the Yankee medical staff, and the guy he's using to help him has been reprimanded by the state of NJ for failing to supervise over the prescription of hormones and steroids. And to top it all off, he hasn't even examined him physically. If you're gonna go on radio supporting ARod, you'd A. Want to be a radiologist, since MRI reading is their field mostly. And B. Want to examine the patient. Fuck off and die AFraud
    Let it all out jackso, that's what Talk Sox is here for.

A-Rod says he wants to play tomorrow and the Yankees won't let him. He says he has a lawyer documenting everything.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

LMFAO. A-rod is barred from YS.

I bet Cashman has sent letters to Selig a few times. "Hey Bud, can you help us here? We have evidence of juicing, hell he rubs his balls in the clear before every game and chews on deer antlers after every game. Joba injects him in the scrotum with nandrolone and he has subsequently tried to tamper with your prior investigations. Please, please take him off our hands!" Sincerely, Brian Cashman

It looks like MLB is going to suspend ARod through the 2014 season. But due to appeals, he'll be able to play with NY this yr, most likely. This isn't the best case scenario, but it lets the Yankees have some offense from a position that has effectively died (3b) for this yr while taking his heinous salary off the books for their crucial "reset" season next yr.
    Hal sucks

As long as the rest of the contract is on their books I'll be happy. They signed that god awful contract too, they deserve it.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    It looks like MLB is going to suspend ARod through the 2014 season. But due to appeals, he'll be able to play with NY this yr, most likely. This isn't the best case scenario, but it lets the Yankees have some offense from a position that has effectively died (3b) for this yr while taking his heinous salary off the books for their crucial "reset" season next yr.
    "The handshake seals the contract, from the contract there's no turning back."

mlbtr had a good thought on the topic. The Yankees cannot get out of a contract for PED usage, but they could sue the player for damage to the brand. I wonder if that might be an option and use the legal system to find a way to amicably depart from Fraud without footing the entire bill. If he is indeed suspended for all of 2014, I expect the Yankees to at least look into this opportunity. How interesting would that be, a civil suit against Fraud while he is suspended to potentially recoup some future salary commitments
    Hal sucks

The dumbass Steiny brothers care only about next yr. The lux tax penalty will drop off to nothing for 2014 if they get under $189 mil and it will reset after that. If Fraud is suspended for 2014 and that allows us to reset the penalty, then we'll spend even with the albatross on the roster through 2017. The other interesting thing is that ARod's actual payout decreases after 2014 from $25 mil to $21 mil. That might also effect his AAV and his future lux tax with the higher salary being eliminated.
    Hal sucks

mlbtr had a good thought on the topic. The Yankees cannot get out of a contract for PED usage, but they could sue the player for damage to the brand. I wonder if that might be an option and use the legal system to find a way to amicably depart from Fraud without footing the entire bill. If he is indeed suspended for all of 2014, I expect the Yankees to at least look into this opportunity. How interesting would that be, a civil suit against Fraud while he is suspended to potentially recoup some future salary commitments
    First witness: Andy Pettitte

How is it "damaging the brand" if you willingly take on known PED users?
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

It damages the brand when a player continues to use in the uniform, circumvents the investigation into his usage and is suspended in the uniform.
    Hal sucks

It damages the brand when a player continues to use in the uniform, circumvents the investigation into his usage and is suspended in the uniform.
    I wouldn't think the case would have merit considering some of the users the Yanks have employed in the past. It almost seems like a last ditch haily mary knowing that ARod is most likely going to play and get paid. The union may not be entirely behind ARod, but it would be foolish to let him get put through the ringer and having a team wipe its ass with the CBA while doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    First witness: Andy Pettitte

How is it "damaging the brand" if you willingly take on known PED users?
    They didn't know A-Rod was using PED's until after they signed him to that contract extension, part of the reason they signed him to that ridiculous extension was because they thought he was clean and he was on pace to possibly hit the most HR's of all time.

Jason Giambi is the only player that I can really think of in which they signed a known PED user?

Andy Pettitte.