Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: A-Rod's Future (Bans, Injuries and Fraud)

A-Rod's Future (Bans, Injuries and Fraud)

A-Rod continues to be at war with the Yankees over whether or not he's injured. He got a second opinion on the quad strain that Yankees doctors supposedly found, the doctor he got a second opinion appears to have told A-Rod that there is no strain, and A-Rod appears to have given the doctor permission to release that diagnosis to the public.

http://www.sbnation.com/mlb/2013/7/2...-strain-doctor

This is now the second time that the Yankees have claimed that A-Rod is hurt and he's publicly stated that his doctors are saying he's healthy. If A-Rod was injured indefinitely, and unable to play baseball again, it would benefit the Yankees greatly as they'd be able to collect nearly $100 million in insurance in his contract. However, if the Yankees are making up an injury to collect the insurance money, that would be insurance fraud which the Yankees could face legal penalties for.

A-Rod's impending ban appeal is also high stakes for A-Rod and the Yankees. A-Rod could potentially have the $100+ million left on his contract voided and the Yankees might not have to pay any of it.

It's a clusterfuck of enormous scale.

Yankees: I know I made this bed but I don't want to lie in it.

This is getting worse/better by the hour.

ihateprospects @ihateprospects
    Francesa just confirmed that A-Rod signed a written HIPAA waiver for his doctor to appear

Will Carroll @injuryexpert
    Hearing an MLB team has filed formal complaint re: ARod's DL stint. Want 3d party exam, discipline for Yanks, doctor if not to standard.

Andy McCullough @McCulloughSL
    One more piece of the A-Rod fallout: Rodriguez apparently did not request permission to seek a second opinion. This violates the CBA.

And to top it all off, A-Rod has publicly told the Yankees that he's ready to be activated on Friday.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/...ything-on-mri/

This ARod saga promises to get ugly fast. Juicy material for the rest of us.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I'm not sure who I want to win this saga, if only they can both lose.

This is a win-win situation for Red Sox fans: Either the Yanks get screwed, A-Rod gets screwed, or they both get screwed.

I'm a buy me some nice cigars and smoke one at the conclusion of this saga.
    We miss you Mike.

I love how bad ARod is trolling the Yanks.

A-Hole is doing his best to leave a legacy as the biggest scumbag in the history of the game. What a POS! What a doucheweasel.
    Last edited by Bellhorn04; 07-24-2013 at 05:32 PM.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

I'd die laughing if Pete Rose made a twitter and started sounding off about this stuff.

Apparently, this Gross guy has a history of prescribing steroids.

NYDN Sports I-Team ‏@NYDNSportsITeam 1h

Dr. Michael Gross, who A-Rod sought for 2nd opinion on quad injury, was reprimanded by NJ Attorney General in Feb. 2013.

Gross, who started Active Center for Health & Wellness, cited for “failing to adequately ensure proper patient treatment…” (con’t)

" involving the prescribing of hormones including steroids, at Active Health and Wellness Center LLC," according to order.
    NYDN Sports I-Team ‏@NYDNSportsITeam 50m

According to source, “(Gross) has caused MLB to now expand its investigation (of A-Rod) in regard to his relationship with this doctor.”

lolomg A-Rod
    We miss you Mike.

This is like an episode of Arrested Development.

A-Rod should just retire, but hopefully after he's done taking a piss on the pinstripes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

This couldn't be funnier. The guy goes on a campaign against the Yankee medical staff, and the guy he's using to help him has been reprimanded by the state of NJ for failing to supervise over the prescription of hormones and steroids. And to top it all off, he hasn't even examined him physically. If you're gonna go on radio supporting ARod, you'd A. Want to be a radiologist, since MRI reading is their field mostly. And B. Want to examine the patient. Fuck off and die AFraud