Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dan Butler, Stealth Catcher

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    I'll cop to the label, if you'll admit that occasionally, very occasionally, the stone reaches the top of the hill.
    Nava and that's about it. He's a platoon player, but that's a better projection than what he had while in semi-pro and had his contract purchased for a $1.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Nava, Kyle Snyder, and George Kottaras, and I'm claiming a win with Gabbard as well since he was a big help in 2007 when he came up and was very effective as a replacement for Schilling's rotation spot. They traded him at the right time, sure, but he came up big for the team at exactly the right time first.

How many of these guys do you think I've really gone all that bonzo for? It's not as many as you seem to believe.
    Last edited by Dojji; 09-27-2013 at 02:37 PM.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Gabbard did nothing at the MLB level, and Kottaras is a below-replacement level catcher, and you hyped both incessantly. Neither are wins.

And you're flat-out lying about the "guys you've gone bonzo for": Gabbard, Kottaras, Hunter Jones, Tug Hullet (let's just go ahead and say anyone who's played for the Royals), Lars Anderson the spectacular flameout, Reddick the one-year wonder (and you banged that drum HARD), Che-Hsuan Lin and all his offensive suck among others i'm sure i could find if i had the time for it.

And you've only hit on Nava. 1-for-the-universe.
    We miss you Mike.

Yeah replacement level players aren't a win...

I'll give you Nava, but nothing else.

Dojji should get extra points for Nava though. Nava should cancel out at least 2 of Dojji's bad picks.

He'd still be at around -20 at best.
    We miss you Mike.

Dustin Richardson superfan.

Oh right, Richardson. And i know there was another shitty OF he kept pimping, but i just can't remember who it is.
    We miss you Mike.

Thinking of Yamaico Navarro?

Quote Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
    Nava, Kyle Snyder, and George Kottaras, and I'm claiming a win with Gabbard as well
    These are your "wins"?

I'd hate to see what the "losses" group looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    Thinking of Yamaico Navarro?
    Navarro still has a shot. He's got some versatility and he's shown a bit of stick in the minors. If he can get a bigger sample size in the majors I'd expect him to be able to crack a roster as a half decent utility man.

It may not happen. In fact it's fair to see the odds are against him. but it's not entirely off the table yet.

There's no point in trying to defend myself though. I've seen this enough times to know that nothing I say is even going to register. you guys have always make up your minds and that's it, let no fact, opinion, or punch in the face convince you otherwise.

People think I go into forums to troll them. The fact is that I put forward ideas with enough energy, and care little enough for the disagreements of influential forumites, that eventually the lion's share of the population turn out to troll me. And to keep the peace, the admins ban me, over and over again. That's just the way it happens. I put forward my ideas, go off the reservation, some influential veteran decides to put me in my place, I refuse to be put, the anthill is kicked over, chaos ensues, and the upstart is banned for daring to cross the groupthink line. It gets tiresome, but what can I do? I am what I am and they are what they are.

I refuse to let that narrative play out here, so feel free to have your fun guys. Knock yourselves out -- literally. I'll be here putting my ideas out until Yeszir decides otherwise, and if you don't agree with my ideas, then disagree -- civilly. This gangbang thing is a waste of my time and a violation of forum rules, and I'm not going to rise to it anymore.
    Last edited by Dojji; 09-28-2013 at 12:09 AM.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Oh right, Richardson. And i know there was another shitty OF he kept pimping, but i just can't remember who it is.
    Che-Hsuan Lin
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Che-Hsuan Lin
    I mentioned him before. It's someone else.
    We miss you Mike.