Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Drugs

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    Do you work with addicts?
    I wish, I deal with a much worse kind.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    I'm drunk and high at the same damn time. I love living in Miami where we party all day, every day, no problem.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Michael, something to remember......most States require that you pass a polygraph. During the polygraph they will ask you questions about your drug use. Marijuana is a drug. Some of the questions will be, "Do you use drugs", "What kind of drugs" and "How frequently have you used drugs". I can tell you right now, if you answer yes and indicate heroin, cocaine, meth you will be disqualified. If you answer yes to the lesser drugs, it may not hurt you.....but if you and another guy are going for the same position, and all other variables are equal, who do you thing they will hire, the guy who admitted to drug use on his polygraph, or the guy who didn't.?
    I don't think it'll hurt my chances of being a police officer. Eeryone does weed, I won't be the only one and I won't drink. I'm not a hardcore drug user and never will be. I'm vert careful about what drugs I do. I have no reason to lie.

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I don't think it'll hurt my chances of being a police officer. Eeryone does weed, I won't be the only one and I won't drink. I'm not a hardcore drug user and never will be. I'm vert careful about what drugs I do. I have no reason to lie.
    It will. I almost didn't get an internship with a PD because I didn't dispose of prescribed medication properly. An oral board investigator doesn't want to hear "everyone does weed". They want the best of the best, not the best of those who admit to doing drugs. Iv'e been through these interviews many times, and am subject to random alcohol and drug testings throughout the year. I work in law enforcement, and I have not touched a drug in 15 years. My career/pension and family are more important than a high.

I totally agree with what you said. You have to considered that I'm still in school. I wouldn't touch a drug if I'm in police academy or hired to be a cop. I bet you did weed as a 19 year old and came out ok. I'm not addicted to weed or alcohol. I can stop at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    I totally agree with what you said. You have to considered that I'm still in school. I wouldn't touch a drug if I'm in police academy or hired to be a cop. I bet you did weed as a 19 year old and came out ok. I'm not addicted to weed or alcohol. I can stop at anytime.
    It doesn't matter when you stop, the polygraph will still make you answer questions about your drug past. You can start today by putting it in your past, there is nothing you can do to change your past. There is something you can do about changing your future.

For the record, I am 30. I have smoked marijuana 5 times, and I took ecstasy once......and every day until the day I was hired 8 years ago, I was nervous that they would think that I used too much. I work in investigations now, and I do background checks and oral board interviews for prospective hires. If you give me your cell phone number, I will know everything there is to know about you in 20 minutes. If you gave me your name, I would know everything about you in 10 minutes by searching the databases. I would not approve a prospective employee with moderate to regular drug use.

If you are serious about your career, you would have stopped yesterday.

I won't deny the polygraph. What's done is done. I've spoken to several policeofficers and they were worse off than me. I'm not a drug addict. I can stop at anytime. I do it occasionally, but that doesn't make me a bad person. You have also done ecstasy and weed, and look where you ended up. I won't ruin my career over weed or alcohol, that's for sure.

I've met a remarkable number of criminal justice majors who not only had regular drug habits but also bragged about committing small crimes like shoplifting or vandalism. Makes me wonder exactly what they think the whole 'criminal justice' thing is about.

I heard Scotchgard is like nitrous but way more intense, not sure I'd ever try something like that though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    It doesn't matter when you stop, the polygraph will still make you answer questions about your drug past. You can start today by putting it in your past, there is nothing you can do to change your past. There is something you can do about changing your future.

For the record, I am 30. I have smoked marijuana 5 times, and I took ecstasy once......and every day until the day I was hired 8 years ago, I was nervous that they would think that I used too much. I work in investigations now, and I do background checks and oral board interviews for prospective hires. If you give me your cell phone number, I will know everything there is to know about you in 20 minutes. If you gave me your name, I would know everything about you in 10 minutes by searching the databases. I would not approve a prospective employee with moderate to regular drug use.

If you are serious about your career, you would have stopped yesterday.
    Well you sound like a fun fella to go out for a good time with. I suppose the world is lucky to have such fine upstanding law enforcement people.

Help him out by telling him how to beat the polygraph test instead of lecturing him on his career.

RSFFL polygraph tests are frequently wrong and can be beaten with a bit of preparation, things like knowing the tester is going to try and bluff you about how accurate they are to try and instill fear so your senses will be heightened giving him a better reading. Put anti-perspirant on your hands to prevent sweat, they need that for reading purposes. There's loads of little things you can do like learning the breathing techniques for control questions etc. A bit of study will see you through.

Having said all that don't go chonging away at weed pal, its so strong these days and can easily mess with your mental state. Anybody I know with mental disorders smoke weed and I don't think its a coincidence. A spliff at a party every now and then isn't going to do much to you but smoking frequently probably will.

This advice is worth exactly what you paid for it btw.
    Who delivers ten times out of ten? Thats right baby.

Banned
    SCM33 is giving him the right advice. If you want to work in law enforcement, you have to realize that it is a different culture. Weed isn't looked at as a harmless drug. You may as a law enforcement office believe that the drug war is futile and lost, but your opinion doesn't mean shit. They are paying you to enforce laws. Marijuana is illegal, and if you catch someone with it, you have to make an arrest. If you don't, they'll find someone who will.

In the US, cops get guns, not just the silly hats and clubs they provide in the UK. I'm fine with the police being overly strict about who gets in.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    SCM33 is giving him the right advice. If you want to work in law enforcement, you have to realize that it is a different culture. Weed isn't looked at as a harmless drug. You may as a law enforcement office believe that the drug war is futile and lost, but your opinion doesn't mean shit. They are paying you to enforce laws. Marijuana is illegal, and if you catch someone with it, you have to make an arrest. If you don't, they'll find someone who will.
    I promise you, plenty of police officers smoke pot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    We're sorry, your search for "Fucks Given By Koji Uehara" did not return any results

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    This is true. I've witnessed it first hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmz View Post
    They really are hypocrites then.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you