Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19

Thread: Playoffs chat room!

  1. #1

    Playoffs chat room!

    Since this is such a special year, we should make a special chat room for us to talk on while we're watching the playoff games. It would be awesome to see everyone's live reactions to big moments. The chat room would ONLY be open while Sox playoff games are in progress, so the forums will still be the main way of communicating. This will only be used for the playoffs. After the playoffs are over, we will delete the chat room.

    Who wants to do this? I can make the chat if nobody else wants to, but I don't have a way of making it only officially open at specific times.

    One advantage to the chat would be that it would attract a lot of strangers, who would end up enjoying watching the games with us and decide to join the forum. This could double our amount of active members if successful.
    Last edited by Navafan29; 09-26-2013 at 01:06 AM.

  2. #2
    We have one. It's called game threads.
    University of Connecticut Class of 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Hitting the ball with his nose was the best contact Pedroia has made in 3 games. Who needs Pedey, we have Brock Holt.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    We have one. It's called game threads.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  4. #4
    Oh, great, .gifs with catchphrases from 2009. I'm so happy this is happening again.

    In other news, yes, gamethreads have always and will always suffice. If you want to create your own offsite chatroom and invite TalkSox members to it, you are welcome to do so, but I wouldn't hold out hope of it surpassing the gamethreads in traffic. Gamethreads are an integral part of the postseason tradition here on TalkSox, and if the furor that is unleashed when a newbie makes a gamethread out of order hasn't already made it clear, we here at TS do love us some fucking tradition.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Oh, great, .gifs with catchphrases from 2009. I'm so happy this is happening again.

    In other news, yes, gamethreads have always and will always suffice. If you want to create your own offsite chatroom and invite TalkSox members to it, you are welcome to do so, but I wouldn't hold out hope of it surpassing the gamethreads in traffic. Gamethreads are an integral part of the postseason tradition here on TalkSox, and if the furor that is unleashed when a newbie makes a gamethread out of order hasn't already made it clear, we here at TS do love us some fucking tradition.
    I figured that people who are on the chat would also be on the game-thread at the same time so they could post analyses and stuff that wouldn't work as well in a spammy chat. I didn't really want the chat to take over the game thread. And I definitely think the GT suffices fine. I just thought this might be cool, especially if it helps us get more forum members.

    Also, I wonder if it's possible to get a chat that lets you take a transcript of what everyone said and keep a record of it. It would be cool to have a record of our live reaction to winning the WS.
    Last edited by Navafan29; 09-26-2013 at 11:54 PM.

  6. #6
    You should check out the thread from game 4 of the 2004 WS if you haven't already. I wish I had been on TalkSox for that.


  7. #7
    Yotn, didn't you try opening a chat room once to little to no success? Probably keep it to the gamethreads... it'll be fast and furious but still crazy and fun.

  8. #8
    Well shit, I just realized I have never been around for a Talksox playoff game. Fuck 2009-2012.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Well shit, I just realized I have never been around for a Talksox playoff game. Fuck 2009-2012.
    So its YOUR fault!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Oh, great, .gifs with catchphrases from 2009. I'm so happy this is happening again.
    True classics never die.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Well shit, I just realized I have never been around for a Talksox playoff game. Fuck 2009-2012.
    Anyone else think Pal looks like Tony Almeida in real life? Probably got plastic surgery to look exactly like him.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

    Fui sobre agua edificada, mis muros de fuego son

    Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by yeszir View Post
    So its YOUR fault!
    What?! Nahhh. I'm here now for this postseason, aren't I?

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by The Campfighter View Post
    Anyone else think Pal looks like Tony Almeida in real life? Probably got plastic surgery to look exactly like him.
    I think there are some resemblances. After all these year, I bet people who saw him might mistake the two of us

  14. #14
    I tried to get a chat going once, I forget why, but it wasn't for games. I know better than to mess with gamethreads.


  15. #15
    Yeah, I don't really see much of a point to a chat room. Especially because I usually post on my phone and chat rooms don't work so well, lol.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •