Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Hello Nation from Georgia

Single A

Hello Nation from Georgia

Hello all of Red Sox nation!

Well what a hell of a game last night huh? I started watching the Red Sox in 2003. I lived in Minnesota at the time and had no real rooting interests in baseball but new one thing: I didn't like the Yankees. So naturally their biggest rival caught my attention and I quickly realized I loved many players on that team, Pedro, Normar, Manny, Veritek, etc. The 2004 ALCS will always be my greatest sports memory because I was literally the only Red Sox fan for miles and I wore my jersey to school (I was a sophomore) everyday and people were giving me such crap when the series was 0-3.

I maintained rabid fanhood through 2007. By then I was in the military and living in south Georgia. I got married, had a kid, and moved the north Georgia mountain area. Living in GA and being able to attend games at Turner Field made me pick up a strong rooting interest in the Braves as well but my love of baseball waned a little bit. The collapses of 2011 for both teams were freaking tough to swallow. Last year was crappy too and honestly living down here I felt kind of disconnected because this is NL territory and I wasn't sure what the expect from the Sox. Well they've been kicking ass all year and lets hope they can keep doing so all the way to another title.

Go Sox!

Welcome to the site