Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 65 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: 10/23 World Series Game 1 vs Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post
    It's tradition. Our resident surly southern belle always does the lineups. We're big on mojo around here.
    Man if you weren't ugly, you'd be getting more pussy than a vet near a retirement home.
    We miss you Mike.

Don't feel bad BTR, retirement home pussy is overrated.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post
    Does anybody else feel like the 7,8,9 for the Cards is really weak? I'm not familiar with Robinson but I've heard that Adams is pretty bad against lefties and I know that Kozma hits like a pitcher.
    That's an insult to pitchers.....Robinson makes contact, and Adams is great vs bad pitching, bad vs. great pitching.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post
    I think that's something I could've figured out on my own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby_Ellsbury View Post

Says who?
    Back on track and headed in the right direction. *

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Oh...sorry. I'm used to the 1st person that finds it, puts it up.
    Not out here bro! Don't let it happen again!

4 more nights to stay up to stupid am watching the Red Sox bring it all home. (live in Ireland!).

Lets get the first of four needed tonight. Go Sox!!

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    Not out here bro! Don't let it happen again!
    Gotcha.....jeez! This is the longest day of the baseball year! Start this goddam game!

Deity
    By the way, I would say that Ortiz stints over at 1st this year have not just been solid but confident and competent. Ortiz playing over there when the day comes does not amount to any advantage Cards IMO especially since the Cards feature a swiss cheese defense when they are in the field.

Quote Originally Posted by jung View Post
    By the way, I would say that Ortiz stints over at 1st this year have not just been solid but confident and competent. Ortiz playing over there when the day comes does not amount to any advantage Cards IMO especially since the Cards feature a swiss cheese defense when they are in the field.
    Huh!!?.... Never mind Jung. I'll get back to you on this defense thing after the game.

Huh!!?.... Never mind Jung. I'll get back to you on this defense thing after the game.
    Molina, Kozma and Robinson are excellent. Adams is about average at 1B. Carpenter is not very good at 2B, and both metrics and scouting reports back this idea. Beltran, who you were defending in another thread, has devolved into a terrible OF. You can try to find flaws into the stats 'till you're blue in the face, but the scouting reports say the same thing. They can't both be wrong. Freese is hit or miss depending on his health, and Holliday used to be an excellent LF but is now absolutely terrible. So yeah, the Cards' D is good overall but has its weak spots.
    Last edited by User Name?; 10-23-2013 at 05:39 PM.
    We miss you Mike.

Banned
    Hey Sox Fans ... Are you ready for some baseball?

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Molina, Kozma and Robinson are excellent. Adams is about average at 1B. Carpenter is not very good at 2B, and both metrics and scouting report back this idea. Beltran, who you were defending in another thread, has devolved into a terrible OF. You can try to find flaws into the stats 'till you're blue in the face, but the scouting reports say the same thing. They can't both be wrong. Freese is hit or miss depending on his health, and Holliday used to be an excellent LF but is not absolutely terrible. So yeah, the Cards' D is good overall but has its weak spots.
    I hear that a lot from TV anouncers that don't know a dam thing about Adams. Well, I've been watching him close ever since Craig went down, and as you will see in this series, he is a pretty good fielder. Dives with his big ass for balls and gets 'em, and picks everything thrown in the dirt.

Beltran was as lackadaisical OF'er I ever saw this year, but he's turned it up here in the post season. Did you not watch the highlights/web gems?

Deity
    When I look at the Cards defense I see too many guys that don't or can't any longer make the plays that they should be expected to make combined with a couple guys that are just flat out excellent, like Molina. Molina can't jump out behind the plate and play RF or LF though.

I hear that a lot from TV anouncers that don't know a dam thing about Adams. Well, I've been watching him close ever since Craig went down, and as you will see in this series, he is a pretty good fielder. Dives with his big ass for balls and gets 'em, and picks everything thrown in the dirt.

Beltran was as lackadaisical OF'er I ever saw this year, but he's turned it up here in the post season. Did you not watch the highlights/web gems?
    I said Adams was "about average", that means he makes all the plays he's supposed to make. He obviously has some range issues because of his girth, but in no way did i imply he's not a good fielder.

As for Beltran, a couple of "highlights/web gems" are not a substitute for three/four seasons' worth of scouting and statistical data. It's not about him "turning it on". It's about him having lost most of his range and his knees being shot.
    We miss you Mike.