Register now to remove this ad

Page 123 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2373113121122123
Results 1,831 to 1,842 of 1842

Thread: 10/30 World Series game 6 vs St Louis

Did I really just hear the comcast guy call Boston a "pressure cooker of a city" while they were showing Salty and Gomes at the marathon finish line?

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    I'm with you. Throw in an apology for all the people that called him "horse-face" I hated that even when he wasn't pitching well.
    Calling him a horse face is the one thing i wouldn't apologize about, because it's true.
    We miss you Mike.

I love what John Lackey has done for the Red Sox this season. I would thank him for a great season and his major contribution to this championship. I think that he used the negativism that he experienced as incentive to prove the doubters wrong. That shows a lot of mental toughness. Many guys would just crumble under the criticism and whither away. See Carl Crawford. But he foes have a horse face. That's not a criticism or a cheap shot. It's just a fact. He is second only to Mark Texeira as a horse face. LOL!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

One of the announcers pointed out that none of the Red Sox had off-field issues this year, or substance-abuse/ legal troubles. Mostly true, except for Brentz literally shooting himself, and Britton's DUI.

Werner tried to start a "Let's go Red Sox" chant, and the crowd ignored him.

Major Leaguer
    Could see something that coming even before he tried to start it lol. Awkward old fuddy-duddy.

Major Leaguer
    WTF is up with these dropkick murphys always getting dug up out of their obscure oblivion? It's not like Aerosmith and J. Geils bands aren't just a phone call away.

Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Calling him a horse face is the one thing i wouldn't apologize about, because it's true.
    No it's not. Horses don't have underbites.

Quote Originally Posted by yankthis View Post
    WTF is up with these dropkick murphys always getting dug up out of their obscure oblivion? It's not like Aerosmith and J. Geils bands aren't just a phone call away.
    Dropkick Murphys music is more significant specifically to the Red Sox. Aerosmith and Steven Tyler? J. Giles Band? Please.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post
    Did I really just hear the comcast guy call Boston a "pressure cooker of a city" while they were showing Salty and Gomes at the marathon finish line?
    That guy needs to be fired. Fast.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by VA Sox Fan View Post
    No it's not. Horses don't have underbites.
    Hey, i've seen horses with underbite.
    We miss you Mike.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Well, given that the game has been over for almost three days, I think it's about time to close this gamethread. It was a great season.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.