Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 39 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Yankee Hot Stove Thread

Indications are now that the A-Rod fiasco could drag on well past December, totally fucking up the Yankees payroll budgeting for 2014. They may just have to operate on the assumption they'll be paying him this year.

Between A-rod, and all the stalling on the posting system, the Yankees have a lot of waiting to do. That being said, they're just one bored owner away from signing Cano, Tanaka, McCann and Garza and calling it an offseason so I wouldn't count them out yet.

If the Yankees are dragged into December, a lot of FAs will be dragged into December as well. It always behooves the players to have the Yankees involved in negotations, even if said player has no interest in putting on pinstripes. The FA market will follow NY, you just watch
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    If the Yankees are dragged into December, a lot of FAs will be dragged into December as well. It always behooves the players to have the Yankees involved in negotations, even if said player has no interest in putting on pinstripes. The FA market will follow NY, you just watch
    If players get fair offers that they like, they might not turn them down while anticipating monster offers. Players that wait till January/February hurt their own market.

while there is some truth there

there was a lot more truth there a few yrs ago

not just the 189 talk

but there is so much money out there from other teams

as far as the arod mess goes

I think the yanks will act on what the arbitrator rules

IMO the odds of the court overuling the arbitrator are slim to none
    Last edited by pinstripezac; 11-21-2013 at 11:13 AM.

There is more money out there. But if they wanted to, the Yankees could outspend everyone in baseball, including LA. Eventually, they will once again
    Hal sucks

Here are some 2014 payroll AAV numbers for the Yankees:

Guaranteed deals: A-Rod, Sabathia, Tex, McCann, Jeter, Soriano, Wells - total 114 million
    Arbitration eligible - Robertson, Gardner etc. - estimated total 18 million
    40 man roster, benefits etc. - estimated total 22 million

That's approx. 154 million. So if they really intend to get under the 189 million, they have about 35 million allotted for Cano, the rotation etc.
    Unless of course A-Rod's suspension holds up, which means it's about 63 million. Maybe they are counting on this.

I don't think the Yankees care much for the luxury tax. They lost like a lot of ticket sales this season, as well as TV viewing. That can turn around by spending on hot ticket items. If they trot this 2013 squad on the field in 2014 they will lose more revenues, so to them it's fuck the lux tax and go out and spend.

All-Star
    What do you think Balfour gets?

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    I don't think the Yankees care much for the luxury tax. They lost like a lot of ticket sales this season, as well as TV viewing. That can turn around by spending on hot ticket items. If they trot this 2013 squad on the field in 2014 they will lose more revenues, so to them it's fuck the lux tax and go out and spend.
    Just keep your eyes on them Station. I think they are going to make a full court press for Jacoby Ellsbury. You heard it here first.

Balfour probably gets 3 yrs $21 mil

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Just keep your eyes on them Station. I think they are going to make a full court press for Jacoby Ellsbury. You heard it here first.
    Come on Fred ... I called Ell's in pinstripes a long long time ago. It makes perfect sense. I also said that Ell's will hit 20 HR next season and should he play with the NYY my prediction becomes that much more doable.

Yankee's now making Beltran #1 priority. That's great but I'm surprised their not making any moves for pitching.
    They can add all the bats they want but if they dont shake up the picthing staff their fucked again next year.

Yankees apparently setting their eyes on Beltran as their first priority right now. Smart move -- Beltran makes much more sense with the cost of a 2nd round pick than a 1st rounder.

Well Beltran has been trying to sign with the Yankees each time he was a free agent. I guess he'll finally get his wish. Would've preferred him in 2005 (or even 2012), but oh well.