Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sox land Pierzynski

Sox land Pierzynski

No terms yet
    Hal sucks

The good news is... Salty is gone ! The pitching staff is going to have a good year in 14.

I wouldn't say they "land" him as much as "Got stuck with" him.

Ozzie Guillen:

"AJ's the kinda guy, when he's on the other team you really hate him .... And when he's on your team .. you kinda hate him a little less..."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Ozzie Guillen:

"AJ's the kinda guy, when he's on the other team you really hate him .... And when he's on your team .. you kinda hate him a little less..."
    ^ Thanks for sharing Palodios ... you just gave me a belly laugh. Maybe he agreed to a 1 year deal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SoxFanForsyth View Post
    I wouldn't say they "land" him as much as "Got stuck with" him.
    Now tell us all how you really feel. Relax man ... If the report is true he is now a Red Sox ... treat him with respect.

Confirmed as a one year deal.

Major Leaguer
    I honestly thought they would of brought Salty back. But i didnt see this coming. A 37 year old catcher worries me a little when the backup will be David Ross at his age. The young guys will probably get a lot of work this year. But a one year deal makes sense for him so its a wait and see.

I didn't realize he is so high maintenence. I found something on line where he thanked the 2006 White Sox for "putting up with him" after they won the WS.

My most recent memory is him gushing about Daniel Nava and how hard he worked to get where he did this year (in a post season game when he was in the Fox studios etc). Sounds like they are good friends.

If they come to terms with him, having 2 veteran catcher like he a Ross will be a good thing IMO.

Important to note- aj hits righties better, Ross lefties, making it an even platoon split.

Pierzynski walked eleven times last season, and I believe two of those were intentional. I would have preferred Hanigan and his .359 OBP.
    "As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome." - Noam Chomsky

1 year deal... phew

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    Pierzynski walked eleven times last season, and I believe two of those were intentional. I would have preferred Hanigan and his .359 OBP.
    Sox apparently value their prospects. In retrospect we should have offered salty a QO

Quote Originally Posted by dupree View Post
    I honestly thought they would of brought Salty back. But i didnt see this coming. A 37 year old catcher worries me a little when the backup will be David Ross at his age. The young guys will probably get a lot of work this year. But a one year deal makes sense for him so its a wait and see.
    Makes sense for the Sox. He hits righties pretty well, still has good power, good defensively. They have him and Ross platooning, with Lavarnway as the emergency 3rd guy. This is the bridge to the Vazquez/Swihart era, which, I assume, the FO is very bullish on.

Works for me.

Ben knows what he's doing IMO.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.