Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees sign Carlos Beltran

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Papelbon to NYY, there's an interesting thought. With the dwindling options for top tier relievers, I bet NYY prefers him well over Balfour. Knowing them, they can probably get him for 2/18.
    Also they could use Ichiro/Wells as trade chips, IDK
    Last edited by iortiz; 12-06-2013 at 10:57 PM.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    If the Phillies took either of those two in exchange for Pap, the fans would have every right to storm the park and burn it to the ground. It's going to take a fairly decent haul to get Pap back in return and if the Yanks are ok dishing that out, their farm would basically become non existent. Also, Pap can block trades to several teams, Red Sox being one of them. I suspect the Yanks are on that list as well.

The Phillies cannot give Paps away. He's got an ungodly AAV, has a bad attitude and has lost his velocity.
    Hal sucks

I'd trade them for a bag of balls. If someone took Ichiro's contract off our hands, it would be a good thing
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by MNSoxChief102 View Post
    If the Phillies took either of those two in exchange for Pap, the fans would have every right to storm the park and burn it to the ground. It's going to take a fairly decent haul to get Pap back in return and if the Yanks are ok dishing that out, their farm would basically become non existent. Also, Pap can block trades to several teams, Red Sox being one of them. I suspect the Yanks are on that list as well.
    Or a package around one of them ( I had put that, but I edited it hahaha)
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

BTW, Cano got $240 mil by himself. Beltran, McCann, and Ellsbury got $283 million in aggregate. Not bad
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Phillies cannot give Paps away. He's got an ungodly AAV, has a bad attitude and has lost his velocity.
    The question is, who replaces Mo? If Robertson replaces Mo, who replaces Robertson? Balfour, Rodney and Benoit are the only guys left on the market, and all three of them are 37.

I think Balfour becomes our closer with Robertson ready should he fall. I am not worried about our pen. That is one thing we aren't short on down on the farm is power armed middle relievers. We have lefties, righties, power guys, long men, etc. One thing Cash has excelled at is drafting guys who cannot close or start, LOL
    Hal sucks

I don't want to admit it, but this is a pretty good signing by Yankees, Beltran will likely have a big year in NY, with that park and in that lineup. Even if he is old and declining, for at least 2014 he should be good. His defense or lack thereof can be made up for by Ellsbury and Gardner.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Gardner, Beltran, Ellsbury, Soriano, Ichiro. Sounds like the Yanks are committed to playing Jeter at shortstop this year.

Also, Beltran, Soriano, Ichiro are 37, 38, 40. Ancient.
    Who does our friend think he's kidding Pal? That Yankee ensemble looks a lot like a Geritol outfit to me, and while we could have our share of injuries, look at how many of them are recovering from serious injuries and are close to being on their last legs? This team could be gassed by August. Would you trade their lineup for ours now?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    I love this so much. The Yankees just gave up another draft pick to sign a 2 WAR 36 year old to a three year deal.
    Can you imagine what the farmhands in the Yankee system must be thinking right now? They are praying they don't get on the 40 man roster so they can be drafted out of the Yankee organization because they are screwed over. Many aren't doing that well right now but they have to know that even with motivation they are stuck like a bug on fly paper.

What you need is pitching. At least 3 arms and probably a closer/setup IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Papelbon was traded to NYY. I fully expect the NYY with the highest payroll in baseball again. We'll see.
    Reports out of Philadelphia is that Papelbon wants to be traded and the Phillies would comply. However, if they value Pap's ability they will ask for some real good prospects which the Yankees don't have....UNLESS the Phillies look at this as a salary dump. However, Papelbon could wind up on the Yankees.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Ichiro's trade value is close to zero.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    BTW, Cano got $240 mil by himself. Beltran, McCann, and Ellsbury got $283 million in aggregate. Not bad
    Pedroia's contract is looking better and better...

It helps to have a fun, competitive team. Pedroia, Victorino and now Napoli all took discounts to come here or stay here. Lester recently said he'd do the same.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Just when you thought the Yankees were going downhill, they pull this move smh. I was hoping the Yankees wouldn't contend again this year.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.