Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yankees sign Carlos Beltran

So Ells, Gardner, Ichiro, Wells, Soriano, and Beltran? That OF is getting crowded, maybe they are going to play Soriano at 2B hahaha one could only hope. Beltran is a good sign, but again if the Sox had given him 3 years I wouldn't have been too thrilled. He's hoping for a Ells-Beltran collision in the OF next year lol

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    So Ells, Gardner, Ichiro, Wells, Soriano, and Beltran? That OF is getting crowded, maybe they are going to play Soriano at 2B hahaha one could only hope. Beltran is a good sign, but again if the Sox had given him 3 years I wouldn't have been too thrilled. He's hoping for a Ells-Beltran collision in the OF next year lol
    Ending in two trips to the DL. One broken hip, and one puncture wound from the protruding broken hip.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Ending in two trips to the DL. One broken hip, and one puncture wound from the protruding broken hip.
    I think it be better entertainment if it was only listed a something seemingly minor but holds them out for the entire season lol

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    Just when you thought the Yankees were going downhill, they pull this move smh. I was hoping the Yankees wouldn't contend again this year.
    Just check past Red Sox WS Titles RSFFL. When we win a World Series or if the Yankees miss the playoffs they go on a big spending spree. No surprise that they're doing that this off season. They also have to because attendance is down at YS by at least a half-million and their farm system is as dry as the Sahara. Besides the Yankees never rebuild because their fan base is contemptuous of any noise about retrenching for the future, and the press is always ready to pounce on them if they go by the boards to us or fail to get in the post-season. Their glut of spending really shouldn't surprise you or anyone else.

Should be funny to watch the Yanks lose the wild card game this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    Should be funny to watch the Yanks lose the wild card game this year.
    They'll be lucky if they're over .500.

The Yankees aren't done yet. They've clearly said fuck it to the 189 million. That means the sky's the limit on Tanaka. They'll probably also sign Balfour.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    They'll be lucky if they're over .500.
    You're pushing it.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    The Yankees aren't done yet. They've clearly said fuck it to the 189 million. That means the sky's the limit on Tanaka. They'll probably also sign Balfour.
    They lost some $50M in revenues since 2011 with down attendance. Their lux tax means absolutely nothing if they don't generate more revenues.

And that is just stadium attendance. Imagine the damage to the brand and the broadcasting moneys
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    What I like about this Bellhorn was that when I said the Yankees were going on a spending spree after we won the World Series just about everybody on this board said the same thing. It leads me to believe that we all have the Yankees' number. Hell, they will go over $300 million if they want to; the $189 million luxury tax threshold means absolutely zilch to them, the rotten greedy bastards.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    What I like about this Bellhorn was that when I said the Yankees were going on a spending spree after we won the World Series just about everybody on this board said the same thing. It leads me to believe that we all have the Yankees' number. Hell, they will go over $300 million if they want to; the $189 million luxury tax threshold means absolutely zilch to them, the rotten greedy bastards.
    No they won't. The whole point of this spending spree is making money. Spending that much would seriously cut into their profit margins.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxfanforlife305 View Post
    You're pushing it.
    No I'm not. They were incredibly lucky last year to not be under .500 by at least 10 games and so far they don't look like a significantly better team. Even if you account for Teixeira and Jeter.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite View Post
    No I'm not. They were incredibly lucky last year to not be under .500 by at least 10 games and so far they don't look like a significantly better team. Even if you account for Teixeira and Jeter.
    Incredibly lucky? I hate the Yankees but we know that's not true. Lets compare last years lineup to this year.

1st base: Overbay/Reynolds(Tex injured)
    2nd base: Cano
    SS: Jeter/Nix/Nunez
    3rd:Youk/Adams/Nunez
    Catcher: Stewart/Romine
    Outfield: Granderson/Wells/Ichiro/Gardner/Soriano
    DH:Hafner

SP
    1)CC
    2)Kuroda
    3)Pettite
    4)Hughes
    5)Nova

1B: Tex
    2B: Kelly Johnson
    SS:Jeter?
    3B: Brendan Ryan/A Rod?
    Catcher: McCann
    OF:Gardner/Ellsbury/Beltran
    DH:Soriano

SP
    1)CC
    2)Kuroda
    3)Nova
    4)Pineda
    5)Phelps/Huff/Warren?

If that's not significantly better than last year, I don't know what is. They really only got hurt bad in 2B and the closer role.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

and RSFFL comes through with a dose of reality. Hoplite/Dutchy is looking at the overall picture assuming perfect health from 2013. I have said this before. We got a minus from our catcher's position, we got a 0WAR from 1b, we had bottom 5 production from C, SS, 3b and LF. We had the worst slash line in baseball from RF and DH. We had an offensive WAR of 10.4 from last yr. Seriously, 10.4. We were 24th in baseball in offensive WAR. We have Soriano for a full season. We added McCann, Ellsbury, and Beltran. Losing Cano hurts. We have a healthy Jeter and Tex. I don't know what to tell you right now, aside from the fact that our offense is VASTLY improved. We have holes in the staff, but no dominoes have fallen there sans Nathan who had no interest in coming here anyway. I bet Balfour comes to NY, we sign at least 1, maybe 2 more starters and call it an offseason.
    Hal sucks