Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guilty pleasures

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I really enjoyed ​Legally Blonde.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I really enjoyed ?Legally Blonde.
    You should delete this ASAP. If a prospective employer were to see this, you would fall out of contention for any job.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

It was a funny movie!
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

It was a funny movie!
    Yes it was. Plus it is something I can watch with my 11 year old Daughter without vomiting or tearing my hair out.

As much as i hate Pitbull, i enjoy Kesha's song Timber featuring his bald stereotypical ass a little too much.
    We miss you Mike.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    As much as i hate Pitbull, i enjoy Kesha's song Timber featuring his bald stereotypical ass a little too much.
    Have you ever thought you might be a sausage jockey chum?
    Who delivers ten times out of ten? Thats right baby.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnShaft View Post
    Have you ever thought you might be a sausage jockey chum?
    Speaking from experience?
    We miss you Mike.

"Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" By Trace Adams...I know, I know, it's terrible, but I always find myself singing along.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by User Name? View Post
    Speaking from experience?
    Haha if only. I reckon life would be much easier. For example when one has a disagreement one could simply have a fist fight to sort it out then it's over and done with instead of the current MO of argument, slammed doors, silent treatment, tears...and she carries on the same way. I'm here all week...

You don't necessarily have to be with another guy to settle your lover's spat with a fistfight, trust me. I remember more than one disagreement about which restaurant to have dinner at being settled by which of us drew blood first.

That reminds me of a hilarious story. I don't know how many of you know this (Shaft, I assume you do, being English), but it's actually difficult and bordering on impossible to actually break a champagne or wine bottle over someone's head, even while empty. When full, forget it. We did not know this, being younger and dumber and getting all of our knowledge of beverage-container tensile strength from movies and television. Anyways, we were arguing about going out to a movie, I don't recall what each of us wanted to see, but Ami finally said "If we don't leave now to see (insert terrible movie here), I'm going to shatter this over your head" and picked up a bottle of sparkling cider. I, of course, am not in the least bit intimidated, so I insist on going to see (insert slightly-less-terrible movie here). She swings her arm alllll the way back and then clocks me as hard as she possibly can on the head with the bottle. That was the last thing I remembered before waking up about ten hours later in the hospital. The doctors said I was incredibly lucky not to have permanent brain or skull damage. As it was, I had a concussion, a skull fracture, and a nice welt that wouldn't go away and turned out to be fluid buildup that could have caused more damage if it hadn't been caught and drained early. Due to the nature of head injuries, we had always agreed to avoid severe blows to the sides, top, and back of the head, just in case. We both just sort of assumed the bottle would shatter and do nothing but cut me a little. Wooooow were we mistaken.

Annnnnyways, yes, the point of this unnecessarily long story is that violence doesn't actually solve arguments. If I say 2 plus 2 is 4, and you say it is 5, and then you knock out all of my teeth, you may have beaten the shit out of me, but you're still wrong. It doesn't make you right, it just makes you stronger.

Major Leaguer
    Hahaha that's quite possibly my favourite story of 2013 and of course you're absolutely correct that I know about champagne bottles, I have an empty one by my bed as a weapon. If someone breaks into your house here and you batter them with a baseball bat and they die you will get done for murder. If however you use a champagne bottle it will only be manslaughter as it's entirely feasible you had one to hand. Also swinging a bat in a small space is very difficult, a champagne bottle however...Merry Christmas everyone

Pop music... I like actually enjoy listening to most of it, especially Ke$ha and Taylor Swift. I also enjoy watching incredibly stupid cheesy movies on netflix lol. I watch most of them with my girlfriend so its not that bad, but I probably wouldnt want most my friends to know I watch some of this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnShaft View Post
    Hahaha that's quite possibly my favourite story of 2013 and of course you're absolutely correct that I know about champagne bottles, I have an empty one by my bed as a weapon. If someone breaks into your house here and you batter them with a baseball bat and they die you will get done for murder. If however you use a champagne bottle it will only be manslaughter as it's entirely feasible you had one to hand. Also swinging a bat in a small space is very difficult, a champagne bottle however...Merry Christmas everyone
    I thought you guys used cricket bats to bludgeon burglars?

Britney Spear's "Perfume" song. Wow, can't get it out of my head.
    We miss you Mike.

You don't necessarily have to be with another guy to settle your lover's spat with a fistfight, trust me. I remember more than one disagreement about which restaurant to have dinner at being settled by which of us drew blood first.

That reminds me of a hilarious story. I don't know how many of you know this (Shaft, I assume you do, being English), but it's actually difficult and bordering on impossible to actually break a champagne or wine bottle over someone's head, even while empty. When full, forget it. We did not know this, being younger and dumber and getting all of our knowledge of beverage-container tensile strength from movies and television. Anyways, we were arguing about going out to a movie, I don't recall what each of us wanted to see, but Ami finally said "If we don't leave now to see (insert terrible movie here), I'm going to shatter this over your head" and picked up a bottle of sparkling cider. I, of course, am not in the least bit intimidated, so I insist on going to see (insert slightly-less-terrible movie here). She swings her arm alllll the way back and then clocks me as hard as she possibly can on the head with the bottle. That was the last thing I remembered before waking up about ten hours later in the hospital. The doctors said I was incredibly lucky not to have permanent brain or skull damage. As it was, I had a concussion, a skull fracture, and a nice welt that wouldn't go away and turned out to be fluid buildup that could have caused more damage if it hadn't been caught and drained early. Due to the nature of head injuries, we had always agreed to avoid severe blows to the sides, top, and back of the head, just in case. We both just sort of assumed the bottle would shatter and do nothing but cut me a little. Wooooow were we mistaken.

Annnnnyways, yes, the point of this unnecessarily long story is that violence doesn't actually solve arguments. If I say 2 plus 2 is 4, and you say it is 5, and then you knock out all of my teeth, you may have beaten the shit out of me, but you're still wrong. It doesn't make you right, it just makes you stronger.
    You should preface this post with a warning: "Don't try this at home"
    Last edited by a700hitter; 12-25-2013 at 03:49 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."