Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Another Red Sox Nation member from Georgia here!

Another Red Sox Nation member from Georgia here!

Hello all!

About time I joined a full-on Red Sox forum. I've lived in the Atlanta area for over 30 years, but have been a Sox fan all my life. My family is Irish and originally settled in Boston after coming to the states from Ireland 4 generations ago. I've never lived in Boston myself, but I've been there many times. I love it and New England in general. The 4 major Boston teams are my teams, along with Notre Dame.

Anyway, just saying "hello"! Looking forward to another great season in 2014, though it will admittedly be a tall order to top the drama and magic of 2013!

I'll be down in Ft. Myers for the Spring Training game against the Cardinals on St. Patty's Day and then up there at Fenway for all 3 games on Opening Weekend (though I still need to secure an actual ticket for Opening Day itself). And, of course, I'll be at the Sox games here in Atlanta against the Braves in May. Can't wait.

GO SOX!

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    I'm impressed that you've been to that many games despite living in Georgia. Sounds like you're Macon the best of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishRedSox1972 View Post
    Hello all!

About time I joined a full-on Red Sox forum. I've lived in the Atlanta area for over 30 years, but have been a Sox fan all my life. My family is Irish and originally settled in Boston after coming to the states from Ireland 4 generations ago. I've never lived in Boston myself, but I've been there many times. I love it and New England in general. The 4 major Boston teams are my teams, along with Notre Dame.

Anyway, just saying "hello"! Looking forward to another great season in 2014, though it will admittedly be a tall order to top the drama and magic of 2013!

I'll be down in Ft. Myers for the Spring Training game against the Cardinals on St. Patty's Day and then up there at Fenway for all 3 games on Opening Weekend (though I still need to secure an actual ticket for Opening Day itself). And, of course, I'll be at the Sox games here in Atlanta against the Braves in May. Can't wait.

GO SOX!
    Welcome to TalkSox!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    I'm impressed that you've been to that many games despite living in Georgia. Sounds like you're Macon the best of things.
    Always impressive with the puns

Welcome to the Rogue State.

Thanks, all!

And, yes... good pun, Youk! Well done.

Thanks. You should probably expect it, I do it a lot. At least Savannah eight times a day.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Thanks. You should probably expect it, I do it a lot. At least Savannah eight times a day.
    Hah! Works for me. I'll prepare for Augusta humorous wind every time I see one of your posts.

Oh, I like this guy.