Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankee rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Wow. Fatty looks like a changed man. Sort of like Shaq's little brother.

Can he pitch at this weight?
    can he keep his pants up ;-)

as U know BB is a game of adjustments
    I would think CC wouldn't have gotten this far
    if he couldn't make some adjustments

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    point taken with andy but they also lost P-Hu ( Phil Hughes ) 4-14 last yr
    I've said that I think the rotation is good. Nova, Sabathia, Kuroda, and Tanaka is a good group of starters, and Phelps, or Pineda aren't awful options as the fifth starter.

point is guys come back from bad yrs all the time
    and yes manymore don't
    My point is that the track record of power pitchers in their mid 30's is pretty damning. The odds are against him to rebound to ace status.

hardly
    Looks like Sabathia's real trainer was Heisenberg. Must have been on meth to lose that much weight.

$panks top two starters are on the back side of their careers. CC has a lot of miles on his arm and he has lost mph off his fast ball. He may still be a decent pitcher, but I do not think he is an ace any more. Kuroda is 39! He will run out of gas during the dog days like he did in 2013. Nova has been decent, and Tanaka probably will be an upgrade. I see a lot of question marks.

Quote Originally Posted by iortiz View Post
    LOOOOL.

Wouldn't be surprised if they signed Garza or Santana. They are in I-want-to-win-it-all mode right now.
    Some of us know this and most of the rest should......The Yankees cannot abide the Red Sox winning the World Series and this was also stated by Tony Kornheiser on PTI this afternoon on ESPN TV. We saw it in our last two WS triumphs and we've seen it again this winter. There shouldn't have been any doubt the MFY were going to go on a spending spree to get back to the top right now. I think the Red Sox know they have a battle on their hands for the division, and throw in Tampa Bay, and maybe even Baltimore and Toronto into the mix as the latter could try and duplicate what the Sox did in 2013. The Yanks are now stronger; let's not kid ourselves and we have to fight like hell to beat them. If we do our jobs right we will but we will have to get big performances from most of our stalwarts this season. Let's let the Yankees pay for their profligate ways with one big cup of disappointment. It is up to us.

ESPN's Buster Olney reports that the Yankees are "quietly encouraged and excited" about what they see in Michael Pineda.
    Olney says the right-hander is "signs of (a) velocity increase." The Pineda's velocity does indeed return following two years of shoulder issues, he instantly becomes very intriguing. The 25-year-old will battle it out with David Phelps, Adam Warren and Vidal Nuno for the final spot in the Yankees' rotation and easily possesses the highest upside of the group.

I think Pineda is due for a bounceback. My biggest concern with any pitcher coming off shoulder surgery is their velo. And he apparently has regained his. We'll see if they season him in AAA for a little while or if they throw him into the fire in April
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I think Pineda is due for a bounceback. My biggest concern with any pitcher coming off shoulder surgery is their velo. And he apparently has regained his. We'll see if they season him in AAA for a little while or if they throw him into the fire in April
    I think they give him every chance to make the team in the spring as a starter
    if innings are a concern, while I don't love the idea at this point
    he might turn out to be R best 8th inning option
    which is a bummer hopefully Betances takes a huge step forward

Very few pitchers have successfully made it back from labrum tears
    Last edited by pinstripezac; 02-17-2014 at 05:21 PM.

That isn't true. Very few pitchers make it back from labrum tears after the age of 30. There are a bunch of success stories with younger guys with labrum issues. Very few older guys. Schilling was one.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    That isn't true. Very few pitchers make it back from labrum tears after the age of 30. There are a bunch of success stories with younger guys with labrum issues. Very few older guys. Schilling was one.

I just C&P that
    I sure hope U R right