Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Jeter to retire at end of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The dynasty will end when the wallet is closed
    Yes, which will be at the end of 2015 when Tanaka has TJS and is never the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    My point is that people mistake quiet for classy. Jeter is not classy, just quiet. He maybe the only high profile star that has played for almost 20 years and never gave the press a single memorable quote. He's a great player and a gamer, but the guy has zero personality.
    then your point has no merit

quiet is a lot closer 2 classy than loud is

what does not marrying every girl he sleeps with have to do with class
    R U saying one cannot have sex & be classy unless he marrys the girl
    I'm thinking the way he showed them the door was quite classy

is he private and guarded to a fault...............4 sure
    does that mean he has zero personality
    or is that his personality

Quote Originally Posted by pinstripezac View Post
    then your point has no merit

quiet is a lot closer 2 classy than loud is

what does not marrying every girl he sleeps with have to do with class
    R U saying one cannot have sex & be classy unless he marrys the girl
    I'm thinking the way he showed them the door was quite classy

is he private and guarded to a fault...............4 sure
    does that mean he has zero personality
    or is that his personality
    This is not a court of law. I don't need evidence to have an opinion about Jeter. I give him all his props as a player. The guy had an incredible career, but the whole class thing and Captain Intangibles BS is just a bunch of BS to me. That's my opinion. Stick it in your pipe and smoke it Yankee fan,
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

This is not a court of law. I don't need evidence to have an opinion about Jeter. I give him all his props as a player. The guy had an incredible career, but the whole class thing and Captain Intangibles BS is just a bunch of BS to me. That's my opinion. Stick it in your pipe and smoke it Yankee fan,

that's fine

I just wish U would explain what your problem with this was

He gave his sexual conquests goodie bags of memorabilia and he had his driver take them home. So classy

what's so unclassy about that

So, who becomes our most hated Yankee now? Arod excluded.

My money is on McCann.

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post

My money is on McCann.
    I got Teixiera, assuming he still exists.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post

My money is on McCann.

johnny jr

that's fine

He gave his sexual conquests goodie bags of memorabilia and he had his driver take them home. So classy

Why do you keep harping on this? If you were fine with giving it up for a goodie bag and a ride home, that's your business.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar

that's fine

Not that I care either way about Jeter's sex life, but if you really must know....no, that isn't "classy", by the common definition of the word. Classy has, in our society, come to mean respectful, elegant, or well-mannered, and is applied almost exclusively to wealthy people who are not rude and obnoxious and are not known for being sexually agressive or vulgar. No one I know fits society's definition of classy, and neither does that behavior. Jeter is not a bad person by any means, but classy people don't give goodie bags to one-night stands. Classy people, by definition, don't have one-night stands that we know about, because they don't talk about them for fear of embarrassing the other person, and they certainly don't blow them off in a way that heavily implies that they never want to see them again. Again, I have no problem with the behavior, but the definition of it is "crass", or at the very least, "dismissive and unlikable". However, I know this argument of language interpretation and the nuances of society will fall on the deaf ears of someone who posts on a message board using chatspeak.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    I got Teixiera, assuming he still exists.
    That's my next Yankee victim. I can't stand the guy and would like to see him duck a high hard one every time he comes to bat against us this season...and next and the next after that. Sure, I know Lucchino and Henry really screwed up the negotiations with him when we were trying to sign him, but he was going for the money all along and later said he had bitter feelings for the Red Sox for something that happened when he was drafted by them and didn't sign. Knock the son of a bitch down every chance we get. Make him eat dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    , because they don't talk about them .
    exactly
    see- zero personality

However, I know this argument of language interpretation and the nuances of society will fall on the deaf ears of someone who posts on a message board using chatspeak
    FWIW
    I appreciate the effort ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    That's my next Yankee victim. I can't stand the guy and would like to see him duck a high hard one every time he comes to bat against us this season...and next and the next after that. Sure, I know Lucchino and Henry really screwed up the negotiations with him when we were trying to sign him, but he was going for the money all along and later said he had bitter feelings for the Red Sox for something that happened when he was drafted by them and didn't sign. Knock the son of a bitch down every chance we get. Make him eat dirt.
    Teixeira stinks. His OPS has dropped to nightmarish levels for what he's being paid. Ownership mist be very happy that he didn't sign here. Throwing at him would be pretty stupid. The guy has enough problems trying to get on base in the first place.

Saw some nice comments from Sox players yesterday about Jeter...from Nava and Buchholz in particular. Nava said the first time Jeter talked to him, Jeter praised him for making it to the bigs...he knew all about Nava's backstory...Nava was pretty impressed by that.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.

Jeter has been a bitter rival on the enemies side for a long time. That said he's been a class act on the diamond and not embarrassing to the game off it. Ya he's a playboy but whatever more power to him. Anyone that has an issue with that is either jealous, old, or a bible thumper lol

I appreciate what he's done for the game. He's probably one of the last remaining players from my late childhood early teens, which was when baseball was the most important thing in my life.

It took fucking forever but the cornerstones of the most recent Yankee dynasty are finally gone

Quote Originally Posted by rjortiz View Post
    He'll be on the DL, or DFA'd by that point.
    He has more of chance of being on the DL. He will NEVER be DFA'd.