Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek Jeter to retire at end of 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Not that I care either way about Jeter's sex life, but if you really must know....no, that isn't "classy", by the common definition of the word. Classy has, in our society, come to mean respectful, elegant, or well-mannered, and is applied almost exclusively to wealthy people who are not rude and obnoxious and are not known for being sexually agressive or vulgar. No one I know fits society's definition of classy, and neither does that behavior. Jeter is not a bad person by any means, but classy people don't give goodie bags to one-night stands. Classy people, by definition, don't have one-night stands that we know about, because they don't talk about them for fear of embarrassing the other person, and they certainly don't blow them off in a way that heavily implies that they never want to see them again. Again, I have no problem with the behavior, but the definition of it is "crass", or at the very least, "dismissive and unlikable". However, I know this argument of language interpretation and the nuances of society will fall on the deaf ears of someone who posts on a message board using chatspeak.
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!1!!!!!!1!! !1

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    That's my next Yankee victim. I can't stand the guy and would like to see him duck a high hard one every time he comes to bat against us this season...and next and the next after that. Sure, I know Lucchino and Henry really screwed up the negotiations with him when we were trying to sign him, but he was going for the money all along and later said he had bitter feelings for the Red Sox for something that happened when he was drafted by them and didn't sign. Knock the son of a bitch down every chance we get. Make him eat dirt.
    FINALLY I agree with everything you said!!! Put horseface on his ass.

And Sox fans can smile that we did not have to endure his goofy looking face and inept play all of these years.

YECH!

Quote Originally Posted by BornToRun View Post
    So, who becomes our most hated Yankee now? Arod excluded.

My money is on McCann.
    Yeah, I have no doubt it's going to be him.
    From a few highlights I've seen from him he annoys me. Even worse now that he's a Yankee

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    Ya he's a playboy but whatever more power to him. Anyone that has an issue with that is either jealous, old, or a bible thumper lol
    I don't think YOTN is any of those things. LOL!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Like I said, I don't have a problem with it. And no, I am not jealous (I've been laid enough in my life to not let other people's success in that regard make me envious), I'm young, and I'm an atheist.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Like I said, I don't have a problem with it. And no, I am not jealous (I've been laid enough in my life to not let other people's success in that regard make me envious), I'm young, and I'm an atheist.
    I have no problem with it either. He scores off the field at an admirable rate. I have been involved in quite a bit of sex and debauchery in my life, so I have no problem with it, but I would not have termed any of it as classy even if I thought to give away goodie bags. LOL!!!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I don't think I could ever call my sexual exploits 'classy' with a straight face.
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

If Ellsbury does really well he could easily become the most hated Yankee outside of Arod. Horseface and Fatassia are up there, but for me without some career resurgence,they are approaching that point of not being that big of a threat. It's a good question. After Arod it's all a pretty close race for most hated. Whomever is on a hot streak will probably garner the most hate from me

I'm going to focus all of my hatred on Brett Gardner. With all of the attention on A-Rod and Sabathia and everyone else, that little son of a bitch has had it too easy the last few years.

I'm going to focus all of my hatred on Brett Gardner. With all of the attention on A-Rod and Sabathia and everyone else, that little son of a bitch has had it too easy the last few years.
    He is only signed for one more year. It all depends on if if you want to share the hate based on year or spread it around.

Well I'm a Christian and I am "old". I'm certainly not jealous of Jetter and his sexual exploits. I have better taste in women than he does and coincidentally, most of the women I have been with are better looking than the women he has been with.

Although he did lay pipe in Miriah Carey when she was young and attractive. Props for that!!

He was a mediocre defensive shortstop who had some pop and happened to play in New York. Naturally, anything that he has accomplished becomes greatly magnified in it's significance.

3300 hits is pretty good. But banging Carey was otherworldly back then.

Yes! I'm with you on that little shit! And no one likes Texiera. A-Rod will never play in the MLB again, so good and fuck him.

, but I would not have termed any of it as classy even if I thought to give away goodie bags. LOL!!!
    so who's '' still harping '' on it now

no one called the sex classy B4 or after U implied

jeter couldn't B classy because of the goody bags & limo rides home

U tell me what's more classy the goody bags & limo rides home

or 'here's the number fo the local cab company'

I'll have you know that I've loathed that annoying little shit for quite some time now.

Well, what about Roman Rodriguez? Let's hate on him. What a douche that guy is.