Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello there. A fan from CA.

Hello there. A fan from CA.

Name's East Bay Evans. Call me EBE if you want.

Been following the Red Sox since 2003 (in person at the Coliseum, on radio otherwise). Mostly I'm at overthemonster.com, but, since I'm always looking out for good news and discussion about the team, I figured I'd check this place out too. I dig history and some statistic stuff, so hopefully that's cool here.

So yeah. Can't think of much else to say, so I'll just leave this charming pic of Jimmie Foxx and Ted Williams:

Charming. That's the kind of relationship we all have here... (*Looks away guiltily)
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Yes, but with us, a few seconds after the picture is taken the baseball bats are being used to bludgeon. Those smiles are "I'm gonna cave your skull in like an egg" smiles.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Judging by the joking responses, it seems like there's some good community going around here. Hard not to like.

Pleasure to meet you all.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    You'll get a lot of facetious responses here on Talksox. However, I truly have been known to bludgeon random people without warning. This site used to be a lot busier.

Anyways, welcome! I love the avatar, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Welcome to talksox, the rogue nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    Welcome to talksox, the rogue nation.
    Talksox: Making Vladimir Putin seem normal since 2004.
    I can't disagree with you

The Coliseum is a great place to catch a game if you can deal with shitty A's fans. I could eat a ton of their garlic fries right now.

The Coliseum is a great place to catch a game if you can deal with shitty A's fans. I could eat a ton of their garlic fries right now.
    Tis' a nice place to catch a game. The amenities aren't all that hot, but I've grown to really dig the place over the years. I certainly wish I'd had the chance to see it pre-Mt. Davis.

As for your opinion on the fans, I'd inquire, but I have to imagine it's a generalization of some kind. To each his own.

But yeah, love the fries. Good stuff.

Baseline seats at the Coliseum are not close to the action at all. Bleacher seats at Fenway are closer to the game.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

That may be so Ted. But I bet that both of us would like to go to a game there anyway.

Baseline seats at the Coliseum are not close to the action at all. Bleacher seats at Fenway are closer to the game.
    I wouldn't argue that Fenway isn't superior. I just like the Coliseum regardless of its flaws (perceived or otherwise)

Also,

a way to superimpose them
    if you're curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    That may be so Ted. But I bet that both of us would like to go to a game there anyway.
    I would go to a game at any ballpark. LOL!! I have been to the Coliseum. I got first bae box seats and I was shocked at how far I was from the action. At the Giants ballpark, you are closer in the upper deck and they have the same fries!
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by East Bay Evans View Post
    Tis' a nice place to catch a game. The amenities aren't all that hot, but I've grown to really dig the place over the years. I certainly wish I'd had the chance to see it pre-Mt. Davis.

As for your opinion on the fans, I'd inquire, but I have to imagine it's a generalization of some kind. To each his own.

But yeah, love the fries. Good stuff.
    I'll rephrase it as A's fans I encountered from 2000-2001 while living in SF were horrible. I had more fun at A's games than Giants games though.

The upperdeck at Pacbell/AT&T/whatever park gave me vertigo. I hated those seats.