Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 42 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Yankees in-game thread

Good shit Astros

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    The Yankees losing the first two games of the season to the Astros means as little in the grand scheme of things as the Sox losing the first game to Baltimore, but man does it make me happy anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Our offense is starting off like it finished. Oh well. I actually get to see a game tonight
    Hal sucks

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Did the Yankees win?
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

you really need to ask? Dude, we're two games into the season.
    Hal sucks

Astros and Marlins is my new (joke) WS pick. They're a combined 4-1 right now. Who knew?
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    you really need to ask? Dude, we're two games into the season.
    You really fell for my trolling attempt? Dude, I'm just returning the favor.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

So Ells and McCann are out of the lineup. Sweet, our lineup should be fucking dynamite tonight
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    So Ells and McCann are out of the lineup. Sweet, our lineup should be fucking dynamite tonight
    Ells is out? Now that's a shocker..

He's getting rest. What isn't a shocker is that we've allowed a first inning run.
    Hal sucks

And we get our first run on three seeing eye grounders. Now we have the sacks packed for Beltran.
    Hal sucks

Nova is inconsistent tonight, but he has the low sinker working as evidenced by all the DP's
    Hal sucks

And now he cannot seem to locate his offspeed stuff. He's lucky thus far. One more out and he should be done
    Hal sucks

And our pen spun 3.1 perfect innings. Got one in Houston. Seriously, this offense needs to get the dick out of their mouths in Toronto
    Hal sucks

Well, I'm not sure they could've played worse this series. CC and Nova were pretty awful. They hit very few balls hard ... in the majority of their 27 innings during this series they didn't hit a single ball hard. In the first two games the defense was shaky at best, and downright awful at times. But at least they got a game.

The one positive I'd take from this series is that Brian Roberts looked very comfortable at the plate. Hopefully that's a sign of things to come, as a good season from him would be a huge boost.