Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Yankees in-game thread

2014 Yankees in-game thread

Game 1. Opening fucking day. Let's see what CC has left in the tank. Sadly, I won't be watching. I asked for the day off but forgot about it and swapped into it. Oh well, go Yanks anyway
    Hal sucks

Ellsbury
    Jeter
    Beltran
    McCann
    Teixeira
    Soriano
    Gardner
    Roberts
    Johnson

Pretty much as expected, although I thought they might flip Gardner and Johnson. I do wonder what it would take for them to move Jeter down. An awful couple of weeks? A month? Nothing? I suspect we'll find out, as Derek shoots for that elusive 70% ground ball rate.

The Yankees get Houston which could be an advantage, but they still have to play the game. We got Baltimore but I think as I did yesterday, we should have won that game. It hurts even more because Buck Showalter just gives me a total royal pain in my balls. The more I see of him the more I despise the guy.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Sabathia is looking sharp today.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

CC is getting pummeled by the Stros tonight.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

What I gather from this is that either the Astros have the capability to win the World Series this year, or the Yankees have the capability of losing 100+ games.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

getting owned by the Astros is bad omen.

I would expect to get Tanaka to get hammered in his first start as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Sabathia once again victimized by the early innings and the big inning. He's gotta find it and sustain it
    Hal sucks

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    On the bright side, CC has got his stuff back. Great performance today vs the Astros.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

Fuck CC and the NYY in general!!!!

Astros taking an early lead again. Fowler is looking like a good pickup. I know it's only two games, but he seems to be fitting in really well with his new team (apparently he bought them all whiskey)
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Are you kidding me? It appears Jeter is getting the same farewell tour that Rivera got last year.

Ortiz better get one of these ridiculous sendoffs.

It's amazing how old the Yankees lineup is.
    Championships since purchase by John Henry group: Red Sox 4 Yankees 1

The Red Sox are 8-1 in their last 9 postseason games against the Yankees.