Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pineda, Fully Loaded

And we weren't bothered by Buchholz's bullfrog last year. Shouldn't be up in arms over Pineda this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Red View Post
    I get MV Pee.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    a little stuff is fine and all, not when his entire palm is coated with it. Was there a babe he was rubbing down or was he wacking off in between innings?
    Whacking off with pine tar would hurt like hell
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Less so if you're uncircumsized.
    I get MV Pee.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    so we're gonna have umps measure the size of a dab of pine tar now? I don't really give a shit about this so long as the pitcher's not getting It Happens Every Spring type movement on his pitches with it. They all do it, it's an understood and accepted part of the game. As some article said, the hitters are OK with something to improve grip - less chance of a beanball, the better.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Pine tar is different than spitballing. If you're getting a better grip on the ball, whatever. Would pine tar really cause the ball to have any significant movement that wouldn't have been there otherwise?

It was funny watching the $pankees dodge the questions or make up some story ... "it was dirt" was a good one. Now if Pineda gets rocked his next start then the questions will be asked. If your doing, please make an attempt to cover it up. The guy was a mess with the stuff and then by the 5th it was gone.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Well I know what YOTN just put on his bucket list.

Legend
    Look, the Yankees MUST make the playoffs this year. TV dictates it. You can fill in the rest.

So what? This is a non-issue. No one cares about pine-tar for improving grip. Stop.
    We miss you Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by SoxSport View Post
    Look, the Yankees MUST make the playoffs this year. TV dictates it. You can fill in the rest.
    I appreciate your cynicism. Baseball wants good TV ratings in the post season. The Yankees provide that. Conclusion-- The Yanks making the playoffs is good for baseball. That's why I am never surprised when teams bend over and hold their ankles in trades with the Yanks at the trading deadline.
    Last edited by a700hitter; 04-14-2014 at 03:35 PM.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

This has NOTHING to do with ANYTHING. Pine-tar use is an accepted practice, as seen by the Buccholz situation last year, in which i did not see the whining about the league bending over for the Red Sox. You people are ridiculous.
    We miss you Mike.

I think it's performance art. Waaaah, the Sox suck! Waaaah, MLB is run by the Yankees! IMO, these are people with severe emotional issues.
    I get MV Pee.

And some people are just dicks. The is not an emotional issue, but a personality defect.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Banned
    I appreciate your cynicism. Baseball wants good TV ratings in the post season. The Yankees provide that. Conclusion-- The Yanks making the playoffs is good for baseball. That's why I am never surprised when teams bend over and hold their ankles in trades with the Yanks at the trading deadline.
    Conspiracy... conspiracy...

We all seem to be in a fit of some kind today, either with a fellow poster, the team, with ourselves, or just pissed off in general. I have to admit that losing three of four to the Yankees totally irritates the living shit out of me. I don't like losing to those guys because no matter how you slice or dice it they have the better of us mano mano. I want the Red Sox to be the ones to beat the shit out of the Yankees, not vice versa. We still owe them a couple of decades worth of beatings.