Register now to remove this ad

Thread: 16 games to go

16 games to go

16 games remain and the Sox are at 63-83.

Can they get to 70 wins, meaning going 7-9 over the last couple of weeks? I doubt it.
    For comparison, the 2012 team ended up 69-93.

At least the 2012 team had someone they could pretend to blame!

I seriously doubt they're getting to 70 now. I think they're going to lose more games than the 2012 team.

Debacle-Championship-Debacle. I swear, the Red Sox are capable of more weird stuff than any other franchise in sport.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I seriously doubt they're getting to 70 now. I think they're going to lose more games than the 2012 team.

Debacle-Championship-Debacle. I swear, the Red Sox are capable of more weird stuff than any other franchise in sport.
    This is true.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The mentor Theo and his protege, Ben will both lose 9o+ gmaes this season and finish in last place. In the last r seasons, the mentor has had one 100 loss season and two 90+ loss seasons. The protege has lost 9o+ games twice and won a championship. The protege surpassed the mentor, but it was a very low bar. FInishing .500 just one season would have done the trick.

Theo is going into his 4 th year of the so-called 3-5 year plan. He has a ton of big major league ready prospects. Next season he has no excuse to have a losing record.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

The mentor Theo and his protege, Ben will both lose 9o+ gmaes this season and finish in last place. In the last r seasons, the mentor has had one 100 loss season and two 90+ loss seasons. The protege has lost 9o+ games twice and won a championship. The protege surpassed the mentor, but it was a very low bar. FInishing .500 just one season would have done the trick.

Theo is going into his 4 th year of the so-called 3-5 year plan. He has a ton of big major league ready prospects. Next season he has no excuse to have a losing record.

It's like watching a Pawsox game most nights.
    "It'll be all right. We just don't make it easy on ourselves. Down and out, and then POW! Sox Nation takes over." - Kevin Millar

Deity
    I want them to lose now so they can get a decent pick.

The Cubs are close to being a good team. A lot of their top prospects are now playing in Chicago and producing. These cost effective players will allow then to fill the holes with FAs. Theo has a lot of $$$$$ to spend to fill the holes if need be. He also some top prospects that have no place to play that are trading chips.

Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    The Cubs are close to being a good team. A lot of their top prospects are now playing in Chicago and producing. These cost effective players will allow then to fill the holes with FAs. Theo has a lot of $$$$$ to spend to fill the holes if need be. He also some top prospects that have no place to play that are trading chips.
    and he is out of excuses for not playing .500 ball...right?

and he is out of excuses for not playing .500 ball...right?
    I think if Theo's 2015 Cubs do not compete for a playoff spot he will start to get some heat. He came into a situation where he could blow up a team and slowly rebuild it through the draft and key trades of assets he did have when he got there. He has some good looking every day players that are very cost effective. Wouldn't surprise me if he went hard after a couple of the top pitching FAs.

I think if Theo's 2015 Cubs do not compete for a playoff spot he will start to get some heat. He came into a situation where he could blow up a team and slowly rebuild it through the draft and key trades of assets he did have when he got there. He has some good looking every day players that are very cost effective. Wouldn't surprise me if he went hard after a couple of the top pitching FAs.
    I think that he has to get a couple of FA signings. His kids cannot turn things around by themselves even though they look like a very talented bunch.

I think that he has to get a couple of FA signings. His kids cannot turn things around by themselves even though they look like a very talented bunch.
    Already rumors that he is going hard after Lester.

Already rumors that he is going hard after Lester.
    Rumors hell......there needn't be any rumors BEL. Make book that Epstein is going to go hard with a lot of money for Lester.