Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brock Holt

Brock Holt

What would you do with him once everyone is healthy and Drew is in Boston?

I'd have him be a super utility guy and he'd be shagging balls in LF ASAP. His production to this date is good enough that you need to ride his hot bat and hope it sticks. If he's athletic enough to play SS and has a strong enough arm to play 3b, he couldn't possibly be a defensive downgrade from Gomes.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

If Holt keeps hitting, they should keep him as the utility infielder and cut Herrera who is the most useless player that we have had since Willie Harris.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Herrera is so bad, I'd rather have Morales back to pitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by moonslav59 View Post
    ( I won't say the "C word.")

I like the left field idea a lot. I can see a player being slotted into one position because of his size or speed. But in this case, Holt is athletic enough to play the outfield so why not? They certainly need more production from the outfield.

Too bad he is not right handed. Although if he hits both lefties and nighties who cares?

I hope he keeps hitting and that he sticks.

Legend
    You ride the 2014 Ciriaco until he turns back into a pumpkin. He deserves a spot on the roster based on his performance for sure.

He definitely gets priority over Herrara.

He will turn into a pumpkin eventually -- we need to remember that he has zero career home runs, and is currently sporting a .380 BABIP. Not someone to lose sleep over.

Keep him.

Trade him to Miami for Giancarlo Stanton, straight up....

Obviously the usual caveat about sample size but Drew has only managed an infield single during his three games at Pawtucket. Obviously that's. It to write him off but he's not exactly making a strong argument that he's major league ready. Are the Sox on a limit as to how long they can keep him there? I'd like to see him get a few more games and hits under his belt before he takes over from (currently) our best hitter.

Andy, we have a lot of Drew lovers on this board and to say that his entry into the lineup tomorrow will have a negative effect on the offense is tantamount to treason with some people I'm afraid. However, look at the picture. He is one for 10 at Pawtucket, that an infield single, he hasn't faced Major League pitching since last October 30 and then didn't exactly distinguish himself. He was 4 for 61 in the post season last year----and we have two people say I write this because "I hate him", forgetting the stats to back it up. They also like to pan Holt as a flash in the pan but his Minor League record is not bad, he is a number of years younger than Pedro Ciriaco was when we got him and is a better all around defensive player.

Holt has shown he can hit, he has also shown he can hit lefthanders and that says something since he's a left hand hitter himself. Drew, 2013.....196 against lefthanders. Drew must NOT play against southpaws and it is looking more and more like he shouldn't even be on the team. He is, though, and Farrell must use him wisely and that means he does NOT bat against lefthanders, and when late in the game if he gets off to a very slow start as expected I don't want to hear any "I don't want to lose him" from Farrell but rather send a pinch hitter up for him.
    Despite what one person says here I want Stephen to do well. I just have doubts right now after all that missed time and I happen to think Brock Holt is better than many people here think he is. He takes a short swing, his quick with his hands and has a presence in the field and at the plate. We may have struck some gold. We do NOT send him back down. Hell, he is now hitting 337 after four more hits today. The Red Sox can't be that crazy, can they?.......And he has been front in center in seven wins in a row. Let's not ruin it. Keep him in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    You ride the 2014 Ciriaco until he turns back into a pumpkin. He deserves a spot on the roster based on his performance for sure.
    Right now, .337 with a slugging percentage higher than Ortiz.

What I'd like to see is the two best hitters on the field until they show they can't hit: Bogaerts and HOlt. Drew can stay on the bench, since he's already shown that he can't hit, until he's needed, and right now, he's not needed. The 9million dollar hit isn't magically lessened by playing the guy. I realize Farrell's man crush on S.D. will prevent this. But it does seem odd that the least versatile, most expensive, lightest hitting guy is the one that seems to have the most secure position.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    He definitely gets priority over Herrara.

He will turn into a pumpkin eventually -- we need to remember that he has zero career home runs, and is currently sporting a .380 BABIP. Not someone to lose sleep over.
    Sorry Pal, I don't think he will turn into a pumpkin. Right now he is a vastly superior hitter to Drew who is getting his lunch eaten down at Pawtucket ( one for ten and an infield single to boot) And he hit a home run last night. And, again, Drew must not play against lefthanders and be ready to be pinched hit for late in a close game where we need a hit. We've won seven in a row with finally a leadoff man up there doing the job. Let's not spoil it.

It's like you people don't understand that Drew, Bogaerts and Holt can all play at the same time. Holt is a good athlete, he could move to LF. The Drew hate is retarded.
    We miss you Mike.

Holt is this year's Nava.

And he should play the same position.
    We miss you Mike.