Register now to remove this ad

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Brock Holt

Thanks for the compliment "Spud ole boy" Holt reminds of Pete Rose BTW. He plays with the same type of drive. Apart from Pedroia and Vasquez he has the best game awareness of anyone on this club. I believe Holt will become an even better hitter with experience so long as he "stays within himself" as the saying goes. So yes barring injuries I think he'll be around 300 consistently if he continues to play every day. I think the Sox would be wise to have Holt and Pedroia being their starting DP combination next year.

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Wow Dupree, I stand corrected. Let me amend that to say try and post here when you can. You're a busy man. I'm retired so I do have a lot of time on my hands to play around this board. Are you from the Midwest by any chance? I married a Midwest girl and I think they are the best.
    No SBF I'm a southwest Va and Northeast TN boy we have farms owned and leased in both states. I work in Va for NS Railroad and we have our angus commerical cattle there too, but our dairy farms are both in TN.

Im dating a former miss va contestant and we just had a lil boy 4 months ago. We had planned on heading to Boston for last years playoffs but I didn't get a chance with everything going on. There is definitely not enough hours in the day for me but I try to give everything I have going on a moment of my attention each and every day and try to keep a focus on the family even tho everything I do pulls me away as far as work and business goes. That's the way I was raised and I honestly wouldn't know what to do if a day came and I had nothing scheduled to do that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Elktonnick View Post
    Thanks for the compliment "Spud ole boy" Holt reminds of Pete Rose BTW. He plays with the same type of drive. Apart from Pedroia and Vasquez he has the best game awareness of anyone on this club. I believe Holt will become an even better hitter with experience so long as he "stays within himself" as the saying goes. So yes barring injuries I think he'll be around 300 consistently if he continues to play every day. I think the Sox would be wise to have Holt and Pedroia being their starting DP combination next year.
    Holt's lack of power makes him more valuable as a super sub then as a regular. The Sox need more power out of their every day lineup so Holt will come off the bench. If Betts is still here he will be your RF. He has shown that he can hit leadoff and has a little pop. He has the same amount of HRs then Holt in way fewer ABs. I like Holt as a player because he will run through the wall for you. He will be a good insurance off the bench if one of your regulars goes down.

Quote Originally Posted by dupree View Post
    No SBF I'm a southwest Va and Northeast TN boy we have farms owned and leased in both states. I work in Va for NS Railroad and we have our angus commerical cattle there too, but our dairy farms are both in TN.

Im dating a former miss va contestant and we just had a lil boy 4 months ago. We had planned on heading to Boston for last years playoffs but I didn't get a chance with everything going on. There is definitely not enough hours in the day for me but I try to give everything I have going on a moment of my attention each and every day and try to keep a focus on the family even tho everything I do pulls me away as far as work and business goes. That's the way I was raised and I honestly wouldn't know what to do if a day came and I had nothing scheduled to do that day.
    Well post here whenever you have the time. Good posters with real baseball knowledge are gems to any board. And BTW, congratulation on being a father. One more piece of responsibility for you but one that you will love.

Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    Holt's lack of power makes him more valuable as a super sub then as a regular. The Sox need more power out of their every day lineup so Holt will come off the bench. If Betts is still here he will be your RF. He has shown that he can hit leadoff and has a little pop. He has the same amount of HRs then Holt in way fewer ABs. I like Holt as a player because he will run through the wall for you. He will be a good insurance off the bench if one of your regulars goes down.
    You need guys like Holt in the lineup as a regular. He is a heady blue collar type of player who never stops hustling and has the capacity to learn and grow with the game----and he is only 26, close to entering his prime. We've had enough of the disappointments, prima donnas, and underachievers this season. Give me some players with spit, fire and toughness to go with their talent and we might get out of the outhouse next season.