Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sox DFA Sizemore

Sox DFA Sizemore

Red Sox designated OF Grady Sizemore for assignment.
    Sizemore has made for a great story this season, but he simply hasn't produced enough. The 31-year-old has cool significantly since early April and owns an underwhelming .216/.288/.324 batting line over 205 plate appearances. The Red Sox have called up Garin Cecchini to take his place on the active roster.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/3795/grady-sizemore

About time, he's been horrible

I think that the timing coincides with a bonus kicking in but yes, it is due.

I wish him well and hope that he can catch on somewhere. Probably not in Pawtucket.

It's about time. Now lets get a real center-fielder because JBJ isn't it either.
    "It happens to everybody, man. He's had 60 at-bats. A couple of years ago, I had 60 at-bats, and I was hitting .170, and everyone was ready to kill me, too. And what happened? Laser show. So, relax."

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I think that the timing coincides with a bonus kicking in but yes, it is due.

I wish him well and hope that he can catch on somewhere. Probably not in Pawtucket.
    Cecchini should not be brought up unless he is going to play. He's one of our top prospects and it is utterly stupid for him being promoted only to sit on the bench. He needs to be in that lineup......somewhere.

Thank the Lord! I'm just glad to see my boy G-Cecch back in the majors!
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Wasn't expecting anything going in so I wasn't disappointed or surprised. I really wonder how much career this guy has left.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Cecchini should not be brought up unless he is going to play. He's one of our top prospects and it is utterly stupid for him being promoted only to sit on the bench. He needs to be in that lineup......somewhere.
    He's just a roster filler for now I expect.

He will likely be sent down as soon as they need to make another roster move.

Brock Holt gets his first major league start on CF tonight. Wow! Who predicted that at tthe beginning of the season. It underscores the utter futility of Bradley and Sizemore.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Brock Holt gets his first major league start on CF tonight. Wow! Who predicted that at tthe beginning of the season. It underscores the utter futility of Bradley and Sizemore.
    Oddly excited, but also frightened

I see no need to be frightened by Holt in center.

It's the under performing Sox lineup that I am frightened by.

No surprise here re: Sizemore. The Holt bandwagon is really taking off!

Legend
    I admire his attempt - clearly just wasn't good enough. Holt and Bradley just make more sense for the time being. Andres Torres arrival as a platoon partner will be useful also.

So much for Ellsbury not being worth the money... Sox are -1.1 WAA for the OF. 2nd to last in the majors for OPS from both CF and RF spots (0.597, 0.573). Sizemore was a long shot, Bradley isn't ready, a RF platoon where only half the platoon actually exists... a AAAA player. Victorino the only legit OF on our roster. And relying on our pitching staff, ha. We went into the season with 3 serious question marks in the rotation (4 if you include lackey) with no real solution if more than 1 failed. What happened to the pitching depth philosophy?

Major Leaguer
    Quote Originally Posted by TedWilliams101 View Post
    So much for Ellsbury not being worth the money...
    Word. The naysayers will continue to naysay, but Ellsbury's presence would have made at least an 8 to 10 wins-instead-of-losses difference by now.

Quote Originally Posted by yankthis View Post
    Word. The naysayers will continue to naysay, but Ellsbury's presence would have made at least an 8 to 10 wins-instead-of-losses difference by now.
    But we all knew they weren't going to pay to keep him. I just hoped he would end up in Seattle vs NY. None of us ever want to lose a guy to the fk'n NYY.