Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: St. Louis making a push for Peavy again?

hearing teams want horseface instead on Jake.

Which horseface?
    Hal sucks

I didn't know there were more than 1 here.

Teixeira
    Hal sucks

And I want Trout instead of Bradley, but it doesn't mean I'm going to get him.

Why is it that whenever the Red Sox want to trade for a mediocre starting pitcher at the trade deadline, it will cost a bluechip, and whenever they want to trade one away teams are willing to giveup a bag of balls?

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Teixeira
    They ask for Lackey, and he even gets a 100% raise on his 500K if traded. I think we'll keep Lackey.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The cards would be stupid to deal Craig for Peavy. When at his best, Craig is a middle of the lineup RBI machine. He got hurt last yr and hasn't been the same. He's 29 and should be entering his prime. My bet is that he puts up big numbers next yr when he is fully healthy
    There's always a chance that Craig will return to form, but 29 is the age where you begin to EXIT your prime. But as Craig is blocking super prospect Oscar Tavares, CBS sports speculates:

"Boston wouldn't mind using talented rookie Rubby De La Rosa in the rotation, and Peavy is currently blocking his path. Additionally, Peavy, a loser of seven straight (though much of that is due to a lack of support) may frankly be better suited to go back to the NL at this stage of his career"

Quote Originally Posted by vjcsmoke View Post
    Sell high on Peavy. The Red Sox need a 1st baseman and the Cardinals need a starting pitcher. Now is the time for the Red Sox to cash in some assets as the trade deadline approaches. We might have to exchange some prospects as well, but I feel the main pieces in a Peavy-Craig deal would benefit both teams.
    I see that Jake has had limited innings in the last 2 years. Why?

The Cards can probably forget about getting Peavy now, with the announcement that Tanaka was placed on the DL. You know how the Empire covets Bosox players.

Quote Originally Posted by St. Louis Carter View Post
    The Cards can probably forget about getting Peavy now, with the announcement that Tanaka was placed on the DL. You know how the Empire covets Bosox players.
    They don't take Sox players mid-season. They wait until free agency and then show our players their wallets.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Red Sox don't trade with those crooks.

Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Red Sox don't trade with those crooks.
    Mike Stanley would be surprised to hear this. Indeed, way back in 1986, the Red Sox made a key addition with Don Baylor via a deal with ???

I think that if the financial aspect of a deal with the Yankees is there, many trades would and could be done.

Obviously the Sox don't want to "arm" the Yankees to the extent that the Boston team will have even more problems competing within the division.

Money is money. Even to the rich boys that own the Sox.

Not necessarily so.

If the Cards have something the Sox need then I see no reason why a trade for Peavey can not be made. Maybe Craig is someone the Sox want?

Quote Originally Posted by sk7326 View Post
    Mike Stanley would be surprised to hear this. Indeed, way back in 1986, the Red Sox made a key addition with Don Baylor via a deal with ???
    Mike Easler
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."