Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tanaka to undergo MRI

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    So he's a schmuck for apologizing? That's just a Japanese thing. No need to crucify him for a strong work ethic.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    So he's a schmuck for apologizing? That's just a Japanese thing. No need to crucify him for a strong work ethic.
    The Japanese way is to disembowel oneself. That I would admire. Apologizing for getting injured makes him a schmuck. Just my opinion.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Oh.

I was baffled until you explained that Ted. Usually when you use such adjectives the President is involved.

It does seem to be unusual for a player to apologize for having an injury. Unless he punched an inanimate object in the dugout and sustained an injury out of stupidity.

In any case, The Yankess, like the Sox, are not going to the playoffs this year. Weather he was out there every 5 days or not.

I think that it is a mistake to attempt this "rehab". I certainly am no expert. To me a rehab would make sense as a first step for a common person such as myself. But a man that makes a living throwing pitches stands much less chance of returning to full functionality of the elbow than a shlep like me. I think that he should have surgery now so he can come back sooner. This rehab stuff will likely forestall his return. Maybe I am wrong?

I suppose that I should be happy that a Yankee big ticket player is now on the shelf. But I believe that his presence and his performance has been good for baseball. So I think that this injury is regrettable and I wish the guy the best of luck. He should book an appointment with Andrews sooner rather than later.

Just my opinions. I wonder what Jacko thinks? He is much better qualified to chime in.
    Last edited by Spudboy; 07-12-2014 at 08:42 AM.

From the Yankee telecast, they said it was a 5% tear. Not sure if they're blowing smoke up my ass, but a tiny little tear like that would be amenable to rehab. That being said, a tiny little tear like that isn't likely to cause pain, so I'm a little skeptical as to the validity of that statement. We should NOT be buyers at this point. There's no point in that. By the time Tanaka can throw again, we'll be in September. We're not good enough all around to win the title, no point in gutting our suddenly adequate minor league system to make an ill fated run at a short playoff stint. Jeter's final season should keep enough butts in seats through the end of the yr. Go for it in the offseason
    Hal sucks

Tanaka experienced soreness in his forearm after his sim game. They're shutting him down. But they say they don't have any doc visits set up. Soreness in the forearm is a fucking sign of a torn UCL. Just get him in the OR already. This rehab is over. Fix the fucking thing so he can be ready in 2016

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Tanaka experienced soreness in his forearm after his sim game. They're shutting him down. But they say they don't have any doc visits set up. Soreness in the forearm is a fucking sign of a torn UCL. Just get him in the OR already. This rehab is over. Fix the fucking thing so he can be ready in 2016
    Yeah. That simulated game was only about 45 pitches, too.

Get him cut so we can see him sooner rather than later.

It's not nice to see a solid pitcher like Tanaka have to go through something like that, but is also nice to know that you have some dumb shits in your organization as we do in ours.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    It's not nice to see a solid pitcher like Tanaka have to go through something like that, but is also nice to know that you have some dumb shits in your organization as we do in ours.
    I'm sure that there are many dumb shits in baseball. I think that the Yankees medical staff is on the hook for this decision. If they had said that Tanaka needed TJS when he went down he would be on the road to recovery and MAY have been able to make a late season appearance for the Yankees in 2015. Maybe not.

In any case, it's a shame that his talent is not on the field and will not be there until 2016.

TJS has a 12-18 month recovery time with many teams adopting a 15-18 month recovery. The Yankees are among the most cautious when it comes to their minor leaguers going through it. So when they found the injury in July, it wasn't going to change much if he was operated on before or after the rehab. The thing is, the rehab failed. Fix the thing now so he should be completely recovered come 2016

TJS has a 12-18 month recovery time with many teams adopting a 15-18 month recovery. The Yankees are among the most cautious when it comes to their minor leaguers going through it. So when they found the injury in July, it wasn't going to change much if he was operated on before or after the rehab. The thing is, the rehab failed. Fix the thing now so he should be completely recovered come 2016
    Oh. I thought that it was only about 12 months. I stand corrected!

You can be on a mound in 12 months and face hitters, but it takes a good 15-18 to get back to commanding your stuff and being able to handle a big league workload

If Tanaka is lost for next season that means the $panks will get their check book out. Them and the Dodgers are the only teams in baseball that could still invest in a 20 mil plus starter to replace Tanaka. They can because they can fit it in their BUDGET!

Tanaka is starting this Sunday. Quite shocked to see that. You'd think since their pretty much out of the wild card hunt they would shut him down for the year.

You have to start him. If he throws two solid starts up there with no pain, then you can be relieved that he should be ready for game action in 2015. If he cant recover from those two starts, then he needs TJS
    Hal sucks