Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tanaka to undergo MRI

Tanaka to undergo MRI

They're only saying his "arm" but obviously this is a concern
    Hal sucks

wow.. maybe the Yankees will want Peavy, Lester or Lackey

It's the elbow
    Hal sucks

This certainly doesn't help Jacko or his team and the shame of it all is that this year the AL East is totally winnable and totally wide open. We've now been eliminated and unless the Yankees address their starting pitching and get at least two good pitchers they may be out of it as well. On the Mike Francesa show (which we get on Fox Sports 1 out here) he has hinted that this year may be the year the Yankees have to bite the bullet and become sellers. Wow that's a real mouthful coming from the semi-Yankee camp where the press and media moguls reign. I see the Yankees next off season going on another big spending spree for starting pitchers.......and guess who will be in their gun sites Ben? Ben wake up. Ben wake up. Ben, wake the fuck up!!!!!! You blow this one and it will be the beginning of your complete undoing in Boston.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    They're only saying his "arm" but obviously this is a concern
    I told all the idiots riding his cock to STFU long ago, but not because of this. Never like to see a pitcher have an arm injury.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Wait, so you are doing an I told you so, but not really? That's dumb. He hurt his elbow, over half the pitchers in the bigs have at one time or another. Nice prognostication Nostradamus. That being said, a minor injury here could be a blessing in disguise. We're not good enough to win the title. With CC and Nova our for the yr and the babying going on with Pineda, we just don't have the bullets. Time to sell off a few parts and try to reload in the offseason. The guy is deal right now is Robertson. He's gonna get a big contract and we have pen arms in spades. Get something good, deal off Ichiro, Roberts and whomever else wants our damaged parts and try again in November
    Hal sucks

We also should off load Kuroda
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    Wait, so you are doing an I told you so, but not really? That's dumb. He hurt his elbow, over half the pitchers in the bigs have at one time or another. Nice prognostication Nostradamus. That being said, a minor injury here could be a blessing in disguise. We're not good enough to win the title. With CC and Nova our for the yr and the babying going on with Pineda, we just don't have the bullets. Time to sell off a few parts and try to reload in the offseason. The guy is deal right now is Robertson. He's gonna get a big contract and we have pen arms in spades. Get something good, deal off Ichiro, Roberts and whomever else wants our damaged parts and try again in November
    It's what they should do, but more likely they open throw some $ and scrap the prospect bin and try to patch together a winner. When was the last time they sold off players?

This is not an I-told-you-so, but every sensible person in baseball was concerned about his durability. I wanted him on the Red Sox, but these were all the very smart and sensible reasons why I was okay that he didn't.

He has pitched insane numbers of innings at an early age, going deep into the playoffs the last few years. He also pitched in those crazy Japanese high school tournaments that made Dice-k was famous. Throw him into a league where he has gone from pitching every 6 days to every 5 days, and you're bound to have a problem.

That would make me worried about the shoulder. The elbow, not as much, IMO, mostly because of how good TJS has become. You lose a year, you lose a yr. You blow out the shoulder and he could be done forever
    Hal sucks

Hey Doc has the MRI been done yet? If not, do you know when it will be done?

It's a shame this has happened but it's not the end of the world if he needs TJS.

Maybe it's just minor irritation in the elbow? If not, off to Atlanta and see you in 2016.

Personally it would be a bummer to me if it's serious. Not a Yankee fan obviously but this guy has been special so far.

I feel no remorse. I told my friend, the Yankee nut, that Girardi & Co. would mess the guy up for the reasons expressed by Palodios.
    Last edited by St. Louis Carter; 07-10-2014 at 01:28 PM.

Slight tear. Recommended PrP injection and 6 weeks of rest.
    Hal sucks

does that ever work?