Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please, someone else post on this board

Just when I started to think you were dead YOTN.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Not for lack of trying, hence my absence. How is everyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Not for lack of trying, hence my absence.
    I told you that quitting soda was a bad idea.

Well what would you all like to talk about? Politics, Food, Women, History, Current Events? I'm game. Doesn't seem many people have taken to this thread of late. Any other suggestions? I listed some of the things that interest me.

Okay... Jose Bautista just followed me on Twitter!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    All the big mouth chest thumpers run for the hills when the team sucks. Their fragile self esteem can't take it.

Or........sometimes life gets in the way of the internet.

You are not one of the big mouth chest thumpers to which I was referring.:-)

Am I?

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Am I?
    no. Not at all. How have you been. Catching the bad guys and keeping us safe?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

no. Not at all. How have you been. Catching the bad guys and keeping us safe?
    Doing good, been really busy. Trying to keep people safe, the world has changed a lot in my 8 years in Law Enforcement.

EDIT:

Iv'e actually gotten to meet a couple guys on the team with some of the work/details I've done. We have recently done a lot of work with Boston PD and the MSP with details and inter-agency work we do.
    Last edited by SCM33; 07-19-2014 at 09:44 PM. Reason: adding info

Quote Originally Posted by SCM33 View Post
    Doing good, been really busy. Trying to keep people safe, the world has changed a lot in my 8 years in Law Enforcement.

EDIT:

Iv'e actually gotten to meet a couple guys on the team with some of the work/details I've done. We have recently done a lot of work with Boston PD and the MSP with details and inter-agency work we do.
    Has the change been a good thing?

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
    Okay... Jose Bautista just followed me on Twitter!!!!
    *crickets*
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

This board has unfulfilled potential. It has none of the elitism of other Red Sox forums, and it has some very knowledgable posters, and enthusiastic fans. The main reason I don't visit the site that much, is because unless its a big news day or week, theres very little activity. Like literally one active thread.

I'm not knocking it, just wish it was more active, and I realize I'm guilty of the very thing I'm frustrated by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo View Post
    This board has unfulfilled potential. It has none of the elitism of other Red Sox forums, and it has some very knowledgable posters, and enthusiastic fans. The main reason I don't visit the site that much, is because unless its a big news day or week, theres very little activity. Like literally one active thread.

I'm not knocking it, just wish it was more active, and I realize I'm guilty of the very thing I'm frustrated by.
    I have no patience for the pomposity on those other boards. They think they are baseball experts. They don't act like fans. We are fans here and we argue like fans. There is no right or wrong when it comes to 99% of what we discuss. For example, there is no definitive answer to whether there are "clutch players". There is a lot of ranting about it and stats are spewed, but it is just fans ranting in the end, and I like that.

Talksox hall of famer RedSoxfanforlife305's Avatar
    A great way to start is to have posters stop attacking other posters based on their name. For example, if certain people would actually take the time to read UN? posts, you would see he's probably the most knowledgable poster here. Instead, we get multiple pages of bullshit fighting. I feel like this is the main reason why people are leaving the site, along with being busy. This forum used to be enjoyable and active, I wish we would go back to that. Sometimes it's hard to believe that adults are posting on this forum. You guys act like little kids sometimes. I lurk all the time, I just don't post. Instead of pulling an SCM, I just stay away until things get better and not bitch about it.
    Hating the Yankees like it's a religion since 94'

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT : Mind your own fucking business if a conversation doesn't concern you and maybe we can start acting like adults.

The first 15 posts on here are why people get driven away. I've stuck around as best I can. June - Oct was a ridiculous stretch of work for me. When I'd have a chance to watch a game, the threads on here were so miserable I had no reason to contribute.
    Last edited by mvp 78; 12-13-2014 at 01:30 PM.