Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to rebuild/reload

The Yankees are set to have the 17th pick in the draft (they're tied for 16th worst record, but the Stros get the #2 pick). This would be the highest we have picked since, well, last yr. Before we gave up 3 picks by signing shitbums. Time to change the plan a little. No big QO signees. Go after Lester who doesn't have a pick attached. Go out and get Tomas for the middle of the order. Maybe go after a few other guys who aren't attached to draft pick comp. Offer KRob a QO and let him walk. If you have the #17 and a 1st sup while running through the draft in the 16 position, you should add a lot of talent.
    Hal sucks

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The Yankees are set to have the 17th pick in the draft (they're tied for 16th worst record, but the Stros get the #2 pick). This would be the highest we have picked since, well, last yr. Before we gave up 3 picks by signing shitbums. Time to change the plan a little. No big QO signees. Go after Lester who doesn't have a pick attached. Go out and get Tomas for the middle of the order. Maybe go after a few other guys who aren't attached to draft pick comp. Offer KRob a QO and let him walk. If you have the #17 and a 1st sup while running through the draft in the 16 position, you should add a lot of talent.
    Yes, the potential to grab real talent is there. But it won't be talent that will impact the team for a few years. For that the Yankees will have to spend even more money or trade away some of their current talent.

C'mon Jacko you know there's no way the Yanks actually get a chance to use that pick lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    C'mon Jacko you know there's no way the Yanks actually get a chance to use that pick lol.
    Ha ha...you're so right.

Quote Originally Posted by BSN07 View Post
    They could. If their big pitching signing is Lester and their big offensive signings are either guys currently on the squad (Headley or McCarthy) or guys without draft pick comp (Lester, Tomas) then we could very well improve dramatically and keep our picks. I am adamant about the QO and walk for Robertson, though. He's gonna get a 3-4 yr deal on the open market and we don't need him. If there is one thing our farm is deep in its the relief pitching. We already have a 7-8-9 bridge in Kelley, Warren and Betances.
    Hal sucks

Yankees apparently not in on Tomas. Fucking stupid. We fired Long and Kelleher, but retained Cashman for 3 yrs. Sounds like our director of player development, Mark Newman, is "retiring" as well.
    Hal sucks

All-Star
    Yankees apparently not in on Tomas. Fucking stupid. We fired Long and Kelleher, but retained Cashman for 3 yrs. Sounds like our director of player development, Mark Newman, is "retiring" as well.
    If we didn't have Beltran I'd be for signing Tomas. But cubans are getting out of hand what we're paying them. I'm okay with just resigning McCarthy, Young and Headley. Letting the rest walk and collecting a pick for Robertson. I'd offer Kuroda a QO too. If he takes it fine, if not meh.

C: McCann/Cervelli
    1B: Tex/Prado/Headley
    2B: Prado/Ryan
    SS: Pirela(give him a chance)/Ryan
    3B: Arod/Headley
    LF: Gardner
    CF: Ells
    RF: Beltran
    DH: ARod/Beltran/Tex

Bench: Young/Ryan/Cervi/ and then F/A or ST inivtee

Hopefully Tanaka is healthy, Pineda, CC, McCarthy, and Phelps

Our bullpen should be fine without any additions, even if we lose Robertson.

I'd be fine with that team, if you need to make moves you can do so during the season, like we did last year. i would like to sign that Cuban teenage hitter though. Can't remmeber his name at the moment.

We have to be smart. Honestly, I don't see us making a big splash while we have ARod, Tex and CC under contract. Tex and CC are out after 2016. ARod is out after 2017
    Hal sucks

We have to be smart. Honestly, I don't see us making a big splash while we have ARod, Tex and CC under contract. Tex and CC are out after 2016. ARod is out after 2017
    I expect Scherzer or Lester to pitch for them next year. They need a 200 inning replacements for Kuroda (and McCarthy.)

I would love to see that operationally, but this team isn't a championship caliber team, and one pitcher doesn't change that. We need some flexibility, and with McCann, ARod, Tex, Beltran, Ellsbury, and Gardner all under contract for at least 2 more seasons, we don't have that. If those guys don't return to the backs of their baseball cards, we don't have a chance, no matter who we bring in
    Hal sucks

I would love to see that operationally, but this team isn't a championship caliber team, and one pitcher doesn't change that. We need some flexibility, and with McCann, ARod, Tex, Beltran, Ellsbury, and Gardner all under contract for at least 2 more seasons, we don't have that. If those guys don't return to the backs of their baseball cards, we don't have a chance, no matter who we bring in
    They had many of those non performers before signing Tanaka + Ellsbury. Kuroda pay was $16M last season, you add 3-4 million more to that AAV, voila, Lester will pitch in the Bronx next season. You really expect them to trust CC or Tanaka with TJS at any point to lead that rotation? Lester might not be enough to go to the playoff, but the Yankees never back down from making huge deals.
    Last edited by Station 13; 11-04-2014 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    They had many of those non performers before signing Tanaka + Ellsbury. Kuroda pay was $16M last season, you add 3-4 million more to that AAV, voila, Lester will pitch in the Bronx next season. You really expect them to trust CC or Tanaka with TJS at any point to lead that rotation? Lester might not be enough to go to the playoff, but the Yankees never back down from making huge deals.
    Station, don't believe a freakin' word Jacko or any Yankee fan tells you-----they are going to spend heavily again this winter and damn going over the salary cap. They always say they're not interested in top free agents then go ahead and sign Johnny Damon and Mark Tiexiera, both of whom the Yankees denied they were interested in. They will say the same thing and do the opposite of what they say again off season, and this time I hope the Red Sox brass doesn't drink the Kool Aid and get snookered by them over a FA we may be interested in. The Yankees never rebuild and never will as long as that ownership is in control. They go for a WS win every year and so I would advise you to keep your eye on them because they are preparing to go to the their vault as we speak.

They're going over the salary cap, mostly because they're already at it with who they have under contract. That being said, they need to get production out of the guys they already have on the roster. Also, I think Cashman doesn't want to give up his draft choices anymore, especially after watching one of his comp picks become the best player in baseball. Yes, Mike Trout was selected by the Angels as compensation for the Yankees signing Tex
    Hal sucks

I don't think the Yanks get Lester. But I'm not willing to believe they don't spend a shit load until they don't. Last season all the talk was getting below the LT only to see them spend 300M+ on 4 the top FA's. The Yanks seem to want to rebuild through the system but when push comes to shove they can't stop themselves from spending. Maybe this is the year. I won't hold my breath tho. I think the Yanks sign 2 of Scherzer(7/180M)/Shields(5/100M)/McCarthy(3/36M). And for the IF they bring back Headley and if they really go all out Hanley for SS.

I doubt we go after Scherzer to be totally honest. He's an elite, top notch pitcher, no doubt, but he's another high velocity arm entering his thirties. I don't think he's a guy who ages well. Lester is the guy I want, if I was to be forced to sign a big ticket FA pitcher
    Hal sucks