Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AJ Pierzynski is Bound for St. Louis

AJ Pierzynski is Bound for St. Louis

The Cards did not pull the trigger on Peavey, but it appears that AJ is coming. The AAA catcher backing Cruz, who's subbing for Molina was sent back down and the word is that AJ is coming.

I wonder what or whom the Red Sox will receive? And will Peavey be included? You guys know anything?

EDIT: I see that you guys have already released the guy. So why in the hell would WE sign him?
    Last edited by St. Louis Carter; 07-26-2014 at 07:49 AM.

Prepared for anger.

He may not be what the Sox look for and need from a player. But the guy has been healthy for about 16 season in the bigs and is a MLB ready catcher. It was inevitable that someone would sign him. The Cards won't keep him for next year after they see what they get. But this move makes sense for them now with Molina down. And he is really cheap for this season.

Thanks for the info Spud. He will be starting TODAY! Tell me: is he the catcher for you guys with the bad throws in the WS?

Quote Originally Posted by St. Louis Carter View Post
    Thanks for the info Spud. He will be starting TODAY! Tell me: is he the catcher for you guys with the bad throws in the WS?
    That was Salty.
    Last edited by Station 13; 07-26-2014 at 05:58 PM.

AJ has a couple of hits so far in the game. Already out-produced Cruz from an entire week. I like him already!

BTW...I see that the Empire finally lost one to the Jays and the O's are losing. Go get one tonight Boys.
    Last edited by St. Louis Carter; 07-26-2014 at 05:40 PM.

AJ on the Cardinals? So out of place. That's like if Jonny Pearraulta was on the Cards or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    AJ on the Cardinals? So out of place. That's like if Jonny Pearraulta was on the Cards or something.
    It IS weird...like an AL team or something. AJ ended up 3 for 4, all balls hit sharply. We don't need no stinkin' Molina!

Any pitcher that throws real strikes to AJ is stupid. He doesn't walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Any pitcher that throws real strikes to AJ is stupid. He doesn't walk.
    Well now...that's bad news. Now that I think of it, all the pitches he smacked were right down central. But of course, it WAS the Cubbies.

They're booing the shit out of the guy every time he comes to bat at Wrigley! What's up with that?

Not that hard to figure out. He had played a number of seasons with the White Sox.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Not that hard to figure out. He had played a number of seasons with the White Sox.
    I didn't know that, but why are Sox fans going to Wrigley? Just to boo the guy? Was he THAT big a pariah

I didn't know that, but why are Sox fans going to Wrigley? Just to boo the guy? Was he THAT big a pariah
    Perhaps this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tivag5pOBhM
    "As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome." - Noam Chomsky

They're booing the shit out of the guy every time he comes to bat at Wrigley! What's up with that?
    I think he prides himself on getting booed by the opposing team's fans. I think there were more guys on the Sox then not that had issues with him before the season even started. If they were winning it would not have been a problem. His personality doesn't mix well when a team is losing.