Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Yankees Acquire Martin Prado

Yankees Acquire Martin Prado

By Tim Dierkes [July 31, 2014 at 3:12pm CDT]

The Yankees acquired infielder Martin Prado from the Diamondbacks, tweets Jack Curry of the YES Network.
    Yankees very active. Prado at 3rd and Drew at 2nd?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Loading up on players who will piss off fans not getting to see Jeter.

By Tim Dierkes [July 31, 2014 at 3:29pm CDT]
    The Yankees acquired infielder Martin Prado from the Diamondbacks, tweets Jack Curry of the YES Network. The D’Backs will receive catching prospect Peter O’Brien and a player to be named later or cash considerations and are not contributing cash to the deal, tweets MLB.com’s Steve Gilbert. The Yankees have now officially announced the deal.
    I think O'Brien is a fairly good prospect.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

From what I've read the Yankees have good depth at catcher in the minors. Maybe not so much now?

O'Brien is no longer a catcher. He's an all power prospect without patience, but his power is real (he leads the MiLB in HR). This is too much to give up for an overpaid utility guy
    Hal sucks

I've had a night I think bout it and I think they made the right move. I dislike him as a RF, which Prado will be this yr. But from a long term perspective, he's probably our 2b. Drew will be auditioning to replace Jeter next yr. Headley has been solid in NY in a SSS. There's a good chance that next yrs infield is Tex at 1b, Prado at 2b, Headley at 3b, and Drew at SS. If they keep ARod, he'd be a DH

Did Prado seriously just have to have his appendix removed? Nothing can go right for the Yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by Navafan29 View Post
    Did Prado seriously just have to have his appendix removed? Nothing can go right for the Yankees.
    Kind of like us, don't you think? Think about this one....2013 World Series---the St. Louis Cardinals vs the Boston Red Sox. One year later the Cards are on their way to the playoffs again as the probable NL East Central Champions to defend their National League Championship. The Red Sox, our Red Sox? Last in the AL East and headed for their second totally fucked up season in three years. Only a Division or AL Pennant next year can make up for this debacle.

Prado was a hell of a pickup. We sold high on a power only prospect and got a versatile guy who can actually hit. He's a useful piece on this team
    Hal sucks