Thread: 2015 rotation?

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

2015 rotation?

Buchholz
    Rubby De La Rosa
    Workman
    Webster
    Ranaudo

Taking what someone just posted that we're left with as a starting point. Replace one of Buch or Workman with Owens. This can't be the rotation we're gonna rock out with from Opening Day, right?

Top pitching FAs are Scherzer and Shields. Both are >30 so can we assume the Sox aren't offering more than 4 years? No way they get either.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Owens won't be ready in 2015. They'll acquire at least one starter somehow, probably in the offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Buchholz
    Rubby De La Rosa
    Workman
    Webster
    Ranaudo

Taking what someone just posted that we're left with as a starting point. Replace one of Buch or Workman with Owens. This can't be the rotation we're gonna rock out with from Opening Day, right?

Top pitching FAs are Scherzer and Shields. Both are >30 so can we assume the Sox aren't offering more than 4 years? No way they get either.
    I hope that is not our rotation. We have to get one of the top FA pitchers.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Is Dempster sill under contract for 2015? I know he took this season off, but didn't know if he opted out of his entire contract or not.

I still have hope for the trade-and-sign. Because without the trade and sign, this team is 5-10 years away from meaningful games.

Buchholtz, two of those young arms, and two FA (Hopefully one of them is Lester). If the Sox have more then two young arms in April for their starting staff then the 2015 Sox will not in the playoff picture.

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxNC84 View Post
    Owens won't be ready in 2015. They'll acquire at least one starter somehow, probably in the offseason.
    Sorry, thought he was at AAA already.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

I hope that is not our rotation. We have to get one of the top FA pitchers.
    Sorry Ted, we need TWO pitchers. What we have right now is garbage. You know Webster is a penguin in the garden, Workman a advertisement for failure, and Buchholz a total disaster. I don't know about Kelly except that he should be better than t hose three stooges I just mentioned. Maybe we can trade for Hamels. The Phillies are hurting worse than us and they did nothing today at all. Amaro is on very thin ice over there because he has done an even crappier job this year than Cherington has. Perhaps we can make a big trade for Cole Hamels, then sign a free agent if Lucchintsyino will get Prune Face to open his damn wallet and let the moths come out. Today was a total disaster in my opinion and the only real hope is that tomorrow Anthony Renaudo goes out and throws a gem against the Yanks and g ives us some hope for the future. Since it will be mine and Linda's 44th Wedding Anniversary I would really welcome a in tomorrow.

If it is, we will go nowhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    Sorry, thought he was at AAA already.
    I think he's still in AA. Might be going up to AAA soon, but I honestly see him as being a september callup next season most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    Sorry Ted, we need TWO pitchers. What we have right now is garbage. You know Webster is a penguin in the garden, Workman a advertisement for failure, and Buchholz a total disaster. I don't know about Kelly except that he should be better than t hose three stooges I just mentioned. Maybe we can trade for Hamels. The Phillies are hurting worse than us and they did nothing today at all. Amaro is on very thin ice over there because he has done an even crappier job this year than Cherington has. Perhaps we can make a big trade for Cole Hamels, then sign a free agent if Lucchintsyino will get Prune Face to open his damn wallet and let the moths come out. Today was a total disaster in my opinion and the only real hope is that tomorrow Anthony Renaudo goes out and throws a gem against the Yanks and g ives us some hope for the future. Since it will be mine and Linda's 44th Wedding Anniversary I would really welcome a in tomorrow.
    I agree. Two pitchers are needed. I don't see us getting more than one of the big free agent pitchers.

Have a Happy Anniversary. Don't watch the Sox if you don't want to ruin your day.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I agree. Two pitchers are needed. I don't see us getting more than one of the big free agent pitchers.

Have a Happy Anniversary. Don't watch the Sox if you don't want to ruin your day.
    Thank you Ted. I might peek at the score on my phone......I can dream, can't I?

Joon Lee ‏@iamjoonlee

When asked if ready to lead the pitching staff, Buchholz was noncommittal, talked health: “I feel good where I'm at. I feel healthy”
    I can't wait to see him go.

Buchholz is an interesting waiver wire candidate. Someone always needs pitching after the trade deadline has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Buchholz is an interesting waiver wire candidate. Someone always needs pitching after the trade deadline has passed.
    He isn't close to be interesting. He's a frustrating starter since 2008, when he fail and get his ass handed to him. He still making these annoying brush under the rug comments.