Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Robin Williams dead in apparent suicide

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar

Robin Williams dead in apparent suicide

Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Watching Don Lemon now. Unbelievable.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Comedians very often are dark and depressed in their personal lives. The Great One, Jackie Gleason was a very dark depressed character in his personal life. Robin Williams brought a lot of laughter and joy to the world. No one could ad lib like him.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Generally I am not overly concerned with celebrity deaths, but Robin Williams is an unfortunate one. I was surprised to see him return to television last year, despite being an iconic star, and former A-lister. His career seemed to take a nose-dive along with his sobriety in 2006. He was also a Tony away from the prestigious EGOT.

He will be missed.

I liked him as Mork, but after that not so much. RIP

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar
    That's a loss. There haven't been a lot of unique voices like that ever.

Gooooooooooooood morning Vietnam!

This will stick with me forever. It's how the counselor at the camp I just literally just came back from woke us up, although he replaced it with the name of our cabin. Quite a coincidence, albeit a tragic one.
    Quote Originally Posted by mvp 78 View Post
    I can't disagree with you

Jeter Jeter peter eater RedSoxRooter's Avatar
    Jim Carrey basically owes his entire career to Robin Williams if you ask me. It will be interesting what he says.

Really sad news. No matter your age, Robin Williams had something for everyone. It's incredible the talent the guy had. I echo Palodios in that I'm not normally that worked up over celebrity deaths, but this one hurts. Feels like we lost a close friend.

I just read that Rush Limbaugh used Williams' death on his radio show as a way to attack liberals. Amazing. STFU douchenozzle.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I just read that Rush Limbaugh used Williams' death on his radio show as a way to attack liberals. Amazing. STFU douchenozzle.
    You read it but did not hear it. You are taking the word of others who are surely big Rush fans. I heard that part of his show, and he was noting how liberals were using the tragedy to take swipes at conservatives. In particular he quoted the following paragraph from an article by Russell Brand about the tragic suicide:

That we must reach inward and outward to the light that is inside all of us? That all around us people are suffering behind masks less interesting than the one Robin Williams wore? Do you have time to tune in to Fox News, to cement your angry views to calcify the certain misery

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

"He had everything, everything that you would think would make you happy. But it didn't." Now, what is the left's worldview in general? What is it? If you had to attach not a philosophy but an attitude to a leftist worldview, it's one of pessimism and darkness, sadness. They're never happy, are they? They're always angry about something. No matter what they get, they're always angry.
    Hmm...sure sounds like using Williams' death to attack liberals to me.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

It sounds to me that he is just describing liberals in general---and though I have some disagreements with Rush even though we are of the same political party, he seems to be right about liberals. They are nasty, unhappy, miserable, always claiming something's wrong and always running down the US. Perhaps they would be happier in Zimbabwaye, North Korea or Cuba. I have a sticker on my rear bumper...LIBERALS MAKE ME SICK. Most of the time they do----led by that buffoon who happens to occupy the White House.

But you didn't hear the show. I am guessing that you read a transcript or excerpts from a transcript. That lacks context, inflection etc. It's hard to identify sarcasm etc. I have noticed a pattern that the people who hate Rush never listen to him, so they lack credibility as critics.

A thread about a man loved by millions who succumbed to his own demons has disintegrated to the point of complaining about liberals and all this political shit.

Absolute proof this place is basically fucking dead