Register now to remove this ad

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rusney Castillo

Rusney Castillo

The Sox are reported to be serious contenders for his services.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci14LWlYGKI
    "As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome." - Noam Chomsky

I like that range in center. He was very comfortably under some balls he had to move a bit for.
    If history tells us anything, the path to redeption for any bad baseball team is marked with a deep rotation of durable starters, a world class defense in both infield and outfield, a lineup that can generate runs in more than one way, a bullpen that won't steal defeat from the jaws of victory, and a top end catcher to hold the whole package together. These are the conditions by which victory is achieved, anything that does not accomplish these objectives is a waste of resources.

I would be scared to get him. I'm sure he could be a better hitter than bradley, but his stats in cuba were not overwhelming. Cespedes had many more hrs and his average was 20 points higher. Considering that cespedes has turned into a 250- 260 hitter and this guy didnt even hit as well as him cuba, I question what this guy will be able to hit.

I hope someone else outbids the Sox. I realize the temptation of landing a foreign player. I see nothing of real value here.

Is he a great player????? Who knows? He has not played in a baseball game since 2012!!!!! I think he's just another raw player from another country. That's it.

Why waste 50-60 mil and a roster spot on this guy? To be bunk mates with Cespedes??? Screw that.

Go for major league talent or don't bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I hope someone else outbids the Sox. I realize the temptation of landing a foreign player. I see nothing of real value here.

Is he a great player????? Who knows? He has not played in a baseball game since 2012!!!!! I think he's just another raw player from another country. That's it.

Why waste 50-60 mil and a roster spot on this guy? To be bunk mates with Cespedes??? Screw that.

Go for major league talent or don't bother.
    Agreed. Unless this guy is the real deal, look to the major league talent.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

His comp is Brett Gardner/Ellsbury. Has this team given up on JBJ ability as a regular CF?

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    His comp is Brett Gardner/Ellsbury. Has this team given up on JBJ ability as a regular CF?
    I don't think that he can be viewed as the incumbent CFer in the off season. He will have to win the job back. I would expect someone else to be installed as the starting CFer in 2015 and Bradley would have to catch a break and capitalize on it to win back the job.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Seems like a bust waiting to happen. Why cheap out on Puig, Cespedes, and Abreu, and go for the lessor player at a similar price?
    Last edited by Palodios; 08-22-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Seems like a bust waiting to happen. Why cheap out on Puig, Cespedes, and Abreu, and go for the lessor player at a similar price?
    Exactly. Except I'm not sure that the Sox cheaped out on those players. I believe they lost out on Abreu by "only" 5 mil. in a sealed bid. Who knows?

All the comps mean nothing, really. It's all speculation. If he had been playing in AA or AAA the past few years then maybe these comps could be given some credence.

I doubt that he decides to choose Boston anyway with the Sox having so many outfielders already.

Oh joy! Reports are that Castillo is about to sign with the Sox for 6/72.

Wow.

$12M a year is about the FA prices for a MLB starter. Hopefully he isn't Julio Lugo with the bat.

http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/...usney-castillo

7/72.5 Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!

We will go nuts if this guy does not pan out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    $12M a year is about the FA prices for a MLB starter. Hopefully he isn't Julio Lugo with the bat.
    All I know is that Cespedes' numbers trumped his and jose abreu weren't even comparable. The sox must see something because if he doesn't have power and is a 250 hitter, we wasted a lot of dough.

So where does he go to play?

He has not played since 2012. I can't believe that he is ready for MLB at bats. The minor league season are almost over. I see failure in the near term for this guy but I hope I'm wrong.

7 years at 27 years old. That mean the Sox are on the hook to this lump until he's 34!!! Hahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

As if the Sox brass has not stepped in doggy doo enough recently. He better work out!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    He has not played since 2012.
    You keep saying this, but it is not true.