Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 8/24 Seattle Mariners at Boston Red Sox

It's really getting absurd. They put on a shift with a man on first and no one out. They get an ordinary ground ball to Holt and there is no one to cover second base fore the force play because of the shift. Idiocy. This is the major leagues. Do we have to look like keystone cops while we lose? I just do not believe in over shifting on ordinary hitters like Logan Forsythe. The whole shifting craze is way overdone.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

In 2012 the offense was fine up until papi went down and the dodger trade, but the starting pitching was just horrendous. Every one of our starters had a down year. Luckily, lester, buchholz and doubront rebounded in 2013 and pitched well. This year, the starting pitching was alright until the deadline trade but the offense has been historically bad for a red sox team. Hopefully papi can keep it going next year, pedroia can rebound, xander can get his head out of his ass, and the sox can get back to having a great offense again.

Ahahah mookie definitely doesn't have a cannon. I can see why he is a second basemen.

Cespedes and the monster do not mixed. get him to RF.

Deity
    All of a sudden the orioles cant win and the yankees are winning.I despise the yankees but girardi has done a heck of a job.Meanwhile Farrell has looked clueless after winning the championship.

Betts showing his advanced approach at the plate. He should bat lead off starting tomorrow, he can really hit and not get fool.

It's 3-3 after 1 inning at Fenway and no one cares. I can't blame people for not caring, but I do find it amusing that almost every FO booster has deserted the team. Fuck all of you fair weather fans. When you come back, you will get a boatload of shit from me.
    I have not posted here much lately, but it's not because I'm not following the team just as closely. I don't think the fact that someone is or isn't posting on a message board necessarily reflects their interest in the team or their dedication or their level of suffering, whatever the case may be.

I think message boards are one of those things you should only participate in if you enjoy it. Personally, my problem is not so much that I can't think of anything good to say lately, it's that I can't think of anything interesting.

But there's also a disheartened component to it too. Watching all the losses pile up can just take it out of you after a while.
    Last edited by Bellhorn04; 08-24-2014 at 08:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    I have not posted here much lately, but it's not because I'm not following the team just as closely. I don't think the fact that someone is or isn't posting on a message board doesn't necessarily reflect their interest in the team or their dedication or their level of suffering, whatever the case may be.

I think message boards are one of those things you should only participate in if you enjoy it. Personally, my problem is not so much that I can't think of anything good to say lately, it's that I can't think of anything interesting.

But there's also a disheartened component to it too. Watching all the losses pile up can just take it out of you after a while.
    You have bee around. None of us are here as much as we used to be, but a certain small contingent has disappeared and good riddance.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Bright Side?

Well.....its not about winning games this year any more so:

1. Already Betts has a 2014 RS OBP of .338, whereas league average is 0.31 and Jacoby Ellsbury has .340.

2. Holt still has B.A. of 289 and OBP of .340; lets not wring our hands over Holt just yet

3. Cespedes has 2014 OPS of .756

4. I calculated the average season OPS of Alan Craig from 2010 through 2013 as . 833; if they are right that his injury is expected to heal completely, he should be terrific next year

5. The average of Joe Kelly's ERA for his first two years in MLB, 2012 and 2013, was 3.11 He is only 26 and there is no good reason he should not be a good starter in 2015. de La Rosa has a 3.69 ERA this year.

Now if only.....(1) Some excuse of an injury disability could be invented for both Tazawa and Uehara and they would shut those guys down for the rest of 2014...(does it really make a difference if the RS lose every game the rest of 2014 at this point?), and (2) Workman has more than two pitches he can depend on so that there is hope he can become a starter instead of a ruined reliever like Bard; Workman has done well with ten days rest but he is not yet a regular starter) and (3) XB can get over his apparent psychological funk/ lack of focus there is hope that the RS could be a decent team in 2015.

Super, Duper Moderator Youk Of The Nation's Avatar
    Finally got a computer today, after being without one for months. I see the place hasn't changed much, still filled with two groups of people on opposite sides, each acting the same and accusing the other side of acting poorly. How glad I am that I can post regularly again. Amazing how one bad season after winning the World Series can change people's mind about a manager or a team. You'd think last year never happened. Yeah, this year sucks and is almost unwatchable, but there is no reason for everyone to be douches to each other.
    Quote Originally Posted by YANKEESRULE View Post
    Yea got hand it to the Sox, they just could not go queitly into the night. Well, they are just post-poning the inevitable.
    - From the 2004 ALCS Game 4 Gamethread. A reminder that no game is over until the final out is recorded, and things will always get better. Misspellings unchanged as a reminder that Yankees fans are just terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Finally got a computer today, after being without one for months. I see the place hasn't changed much, still filled with two groups of people on opposite sides, each acting the same and accusing the other side of acting poorly. How glad I am that I can post regularly again. Amazing how one bad season after winning the World Series can change people's mind about a manager or a team. You'd think last year never happened. Yeah, this year sucks and is almost unwatchable, but there is no reason for everyone to be douches to each other.
    Good to see. You back. How have you been feeling?

Quote Originally Posted by curiousd View Post
    Now if only.....(1) Some excuse of an injury disability could be invented for both Tazawa and Uehara and they would shut those guys down for the rest of 2014...(does it really make a difference if the RS lose every game the rest of 2014 at this point?).
    You and I may not care if they win another game, but the organization probably wants to demonstrate some hope and anticipation for next season. It's not good business to end the season with a train wreck. Also, cashing in the chips and shutting down guys because we are eliminated would not be good for the integrity of the game. They owe it to the league to be putting out their best effort to win every night. Also, there will probably be another 300,000 fans rolling through the turnstiles at Fenway for the remainder of the season. When they purchased the tickets, they thought they would be watching a team that would be trying to win. Cashing in the chips and giving up is not a good message to those fans. I don't care and you don't care about winning the remaining games, but the organization wants to look professional.

It's good to see Youk back on board!

The object of the game is to win, not loose. I can stomach the almost eventual loss if I see players attempting to play their best and trying to win.

Tanking is a bad idea. It is disrespectful to those who bought tickets and support the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Youk Of The Nation View Post
    Believe it or not, this place has actually been surprisingly civil. Some bickering here and there, but considering we're watching a terrible team, things have been mostly calm.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Believe it or not, this place has actually been surprisingly civil. Some bickering here and there, but considering we're watching a terrible team, things have been mostly calm.
    This is true, there hasn't been that much fighting.. There however has been, a lot less activity.