Register now to remove this ad

Thread: Adam Dunn to Oakland?

Adam Dunn to Oakland?

Adam Dunn should help that offense. He is criticized for his low batting averages and strikeouts, but the guy has hit for impressive power and has managed to get on base at an impressive rate through his career. He may have something left.

I am rooting for the A's or the Royals this year.
    "As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome." - Noam Chomsky

A's been kinda shitty for a while now. The Samaijar (whatever his name is!) and Hammel tandem have produced negative values for the A's!

I too, have been rooting for the A's and Royals.

Dunn still has swat. The A's have been faltering since just before the trade.

I'll laugh really hard if the Sox end up resigning Lester. They are squandering his talent recently scoring only 5 runs in his last 3 starts.

Dunn can't play defense like Cespedes, but Dunn's .773 OPS is better than Cespedes's .764
    "As long as the general population is passive, apathetic, diverted to consumerism or hatred of the vulnerable, then the powerful can do as they please, and those who survive will be left to contemplate the outcome." - Noam Chomsky

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    I too, have been rooting for the A's and Royals.

Dunn still has swat. The A's have been faltering since just before the trade.

I'll laugh really hard if the Sox end up resigning Lester. They are squandering his talent recently scoring only 5 runs in his last 3 starts.
    The Angels just swept the A's four straight and Dunn will not able to reverse that. The A's are now five games behind in the AL West to an Angels team that is finally playing solid ball after four pretty crappy years. Since my wife is a diehard Angels fan I am rooting for them to take the division and advance on, and it is only fair for me to do that. My Linda was with me heart and soul when the Red Sox were making their run so turnabout is fair play.

It's nice to have a spouse that shares a passion with you. Bring her to Fenway and see if you can convert her!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Spudboy View Post
    It's nice to have a spouse that shares a passion with you. Bring her to Fenway and see if you can convert her!!!
    There is no way to convert her Spud...she loves the Angels and was with them through all their miserable years in the 70's and much of the 80's and 90's. She earned the right to root for them. Also, truth be told, we will never go to a Red Sox-Angels game with me anymore. I tend to get carried away at those games and my wife got enough of that in the 2007 and 2008 ALDS's. I'm out of luck there.

Dunn homered in his first at bat tonight in a win for Oakland. His OBP and OPS skills are just what the A's like and what they need. I hope they can sign him for at least one more year