Register now to remove this ad

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9-2------Red Sox vs Yankees.......These Games Do Matter To Me!!!!!!!

Fuck Middlebrooks.

Nice night for Bogaerts! Finish the season strong would be great.

Koji looks like he has a dead arm. That arm has pitch 150 games Since April 2013 of stressful innings. He needs a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Station 13 View Post
    Koji looks like he has a dead arm. That arm has pitch 150 games Since April 2013 of stressful innings. He needs a break.
    I agree. BTW I beginning to wonder whether Will Middlebrooks has a vision problem. He just isn't seeing the ball at all!

Nice night for Bogaerts! Finish the season strong would be great.
    He's a late season hitter -- getting hot on September 2nd.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

I gotta admit, I was wrong about Cespedes. He plays this game everynight like it is his last game.

I gotta admit, I was wrong about Cespedes. He plays this game everynight like it is his last game.
    He's clumsy in the field and he will give you a heart attack on a line drive, but he has a great arm and he pulverizes a baseball with the bat.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

He's clumsy in the field and he will give you a heart attack on a line drive, but he has a great arm and he pulverizes a baseball with the bat.
    He's an important part of our offense. Should be a DH once Ortiz is gone.

He's an important part of our offense. Should be a DH once Ortiz is gone.
    Cespedes is a keeper and Mookie is a gem.....too bad Farrell had some doubts about his playing time earlier. Well he's a keeper too. If we trade him we had better get something very good in exchange for him. I've given up on Middlebrooks. If he doesn't turn it around by the end of the week it is all over for him. Of course, most of you have said he was through a lot earlier. Guess I was really wrong about him and for that I apologize. I hate being so out of it with a player. BTW, let's not be too hesitant in getting rid of Nava. We can use a good LH hitter and Daniel has come around very well since he was brought back up from his stint at Pawtucket.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The funny thing about Jeter is that he is posting his best UZR/150 since 2011. Depending on what site you believer, Jeter is either a replacement level player or below replacement level this yr. The thing that is so glaring about Jeter is the fact that his offense has died. And it isn't bad luck. His BABIP is exactly .300. He has no power at all and because he isn't fearful in the batters box anymore, he isn't drawing walks. This season and last were the goodbye's to the generational talents in the Yankee dynasty yrs. After Jeter, there isn't a single player who holds sentimental value on the Yankees.
    IMO people are blinded by the present generation of players overly when considering historical greatness. By Bill James "Historical Baseball Abstract" , written in 2003, the greatest modern era shortstop at age 20 was Alex Rodriquez, and in 2003 the top four shortstops in Win Shares per game were (1) Honus Wagner, (2) Arky Vaughan, (3,4) Barry Larkin and Alex Rodriquez nearly tied. James' top ten over all 20 shortstops through 2002 were (1) Honus Wagner by a large margin, (2) Arky Vaughan, (3) Cal Ripkin, Jr., (4) Robin Yount, (5) Alex Rodriquez, (6) Ernie Banks, (7) Barry Larkin, (8) Ozzie Smith, (9) Joe Cronin, and (10) Alan Trammell.

Derek Jeter rated number 20.

A lot of good takeaways from this game tonight. Joe Kelly looks like he could be a solid rotation piece going forward. Bogaerts and Betts became the first pair of red sox rookies to homer at Yankee stadium (old or new) since Dick Gernert and Faye Throneberry in 1952. Bogaerts had a four hit game. Betts looks so good with the bat, and his defense is good too. He may be the center fielder of the future. Cespedes is an offensive monster. I really hope they extend him, because he would be the perfect replacement for the big man at DH when he finally hangs it up.

Middlebrooks looks lost. He obviously has power, but he just can't make good contact and he strikes out far too often. Koji hasn't been looking good lately, he definitely needs a break.

Quote Originally Posted by RedSoxNC84 View Post
    Middlebrooks looks lost. He obviously has power, but he just can't make good contact and he strikes out far too often. Koji hasn't been looking good lately, he definitely needs a break.
    If you sit Koji down, his agent might have a grievance. He is a free agent after the season so he will want to accumulate stats. If we want to sit him, we will have to sign him now.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    The sox are tied for the 6th worst record in baseball, meaning they should get the 7th pick next yr (Houston didn't sign Aiken, so they get pick #2 next yr). The sox are 7 games up on the worst team (Texas) so they cant really catch them. But they are only 1.5 up on Houston and 3 up on Arizona. A full out tank gets them a top 5 pick
    We don't do so great with our first round picks.