Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 09/09 Sox vs Baltimore

Once again Bogaerts makes a dumb decision. That was the stupidest play he has made to date.

Is base running not taught to these players? Holy shit.

Bogaerts consistently makes rash in game deicsions. He should bend over and try real hard to see if he can pull his head out of his........

Quote Originally Posted by BigPapi View Post
    Its too early to call ranaudo a bust cause this is only his fifth start but his stuff has been very unimpressive. But Webster has been wildly disappointing.
    Well.....lets consider Chris Tilman tonight's O's starter, now considered, I guess, the O's best SP. First year in majors, 2009 with ERA 5.40. Second year in majors, 2010 with ERA 5.87. Third year in majors, 2011 with ERA 5.52.

Finally in 2012, 2.93 ERA. Typically it takes a few years for young pitchers to be able to be successful in majors as we all know. I think the reality is that maybe in three years the Sox will be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousd View Post
    Well.....lets consider Chris Tilman tonight's O's starter, now considered, I guess, the O's best SP. First year in majors, 2009 with ERA 5.40. Second year in majors, 2010 with ERA 5.87. Third year in majors, 2011 with ERA 5.52.

Finally in 2012, 2.93 ERA. Typically it takes a few years for young pitchers to be able to be successful in majors as we all know. I think the reality is that maybe in three years the Sox will be good again.
    So we should be prepared for 2-3 more years of last place?
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Based on Barnes short outing, I liked Barnes stuff more than Ranaudo's stuff. He potches down in the zone better than Ranaudo.

Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

"Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."

Barnes look good last night for his 3 innings relief work. Spot his pitches to the black, and his changeup is a killer pitch.

This tem is a joke.

We better sign a couple of solid arms like Shields and Lester and forget about the "we won't make long term/serious money commitments to any player" shit mentality.
    Tiburones Rojos de Veracruz & Boston Red Sox

In the words of Don Corleone when he slaps a crying Johnny Fontaine: "Act like a man!" No, offense ladies.

Deity
    It has gotten so bad that nobody cares anymore about posting game threads.

Workman is terrible!!! At webster's level!

Workman is a bullpen pitcher. He did very well in that role. Hopefully this team figures that out before it is too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Workman is a bullpen pitcher. He did very well in that role. Hopefully this team figures that out before it is too late.
    And some wonder why many of us rip Farrell all to shreds for his managerial stupidity this season? If someone work try and research Workman's ERA after he goes through an opposing lineup once I think they would see that it up around 18.00 if not higher. And yet Farrell keeps running him out there as a starting pitcher....WHICH HE MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT. I can't wait for this season to end because I feel like I've been in a tsunami

Quote Originally Posted by seabeachfred View Post
    And some wonder why many of us rip Farrell all to shreds for his managerial stupidity this season? If someone work try and research Workman's ERA after he goes through an opposing lineup once I think they would see that it up around 18.00 if not higher. And yet Farrell keeps running him out there as a starting pitcher....WHICH HE MOST CERTAINLY IS NOT. I can't wait for this season to end because I feel like I've been in a tsunami
    Yahoo has stats by number of pitches:
    1-15 pitches, hitters have a .761 OPS against him
    15-30 pitches, hitters have a .440 OPS against him
    30-45 pitches, hitters have a .674 OPS against him
    45-60 pitches, hitters have a .579 OPS against him
    60-75 pitches, hitters have a .666 OPS against him
    75-90 pitches, hitters have a .722 OPS against him
    90-105 pitches, hitters have a .863 OPS against him

The first 15 are probably skewed because those pitches are guaranteed against the top of the order. He definitely starts struggling around that 75-100 area.

Quote Originally Posted by Palodios View Post
    Yahoo has stats by number of pitches:
    1-15 pitches, hitters have a .761 OPS against him
    15-30 pitches, hitters have a .440 OPS against him
    30-45 pitches, hitters have a .674 OPS against him
    45-60 pitches, hitters have a .579 OPS against him
    60-75 pitches, hitters have a .666 OPS against him
    75-90 pitches, hitters have a .722 OPS against him
    90-105 pitches, hitters have a .863 OPS against him

The first 15 are probably skewed because those pitches are guaranteed against the top of the order. He definitely starts struggling around that 75-100 area.
    Why don't they try him as an eighth inning pitcher is we can ever take a lead into that inning again---then give him a shot at trying to close a game. We would be utilizing his "talents" a lot more effectively that way instead of running him and his now 1-9 record out there every fifth day only to see his lunch get eaten time and time again. He is NOT a starting pitcher.

Workman is a bullpen piece. Period.

Bradley still can't hit. But I can't say that he looks any worse than Alan Craig.

In less than 2 full games, Rivero has matched half of Middlebrook's HOme Run production over 200 ABs.