Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pedroia out for yr

"Just one more thing..." Northern Star's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Behindenemylines View Post
    We look at Pedrioa as a number three hitter and when he is not producing it effects the Sox ability to consistently score runs. If you improve the lineup then you could drop him in the order. His numbers don't look that bad if he was hitting 7th. Pedrioa's glove would allow you to do that. Despite two years with hand injuries that robbed his power he still played gold glove D-Fense. How many runs does he save with his glove?
    I've always seen him as a #2. But now I see him as a shell of his former self being paid a huge contract.
    Priorities:
    1. Yankees lose
    2. Red Sox win

Quote Originally Posted by joeycaps View Post
    So shut up because you have no idea on what you say on anything as evidence of some of your ridiculous posts.

Anybody who knocks the Pedroia contract is basically saying you should never sign anybody to a long term contract because there's too much risk of decline. So they should be all in favor of letting Lester go...and Scherzer, forget that too.

It's the way baseball is now for big market teams. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Star View Post
    I've always seen him as a #2. But now I see him as a shell of his former self being paid a huge contract.
    Not sure you can really judge him based on being injured in a critical part of the body for an entire year. I, too, think he will rebound, simply based on his sheer willpower.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellhorn04 View Post
    Anybody who knocks the Pedroia contract is basically saying you should never sign anybody to a long term contract because there's too much risk of decline. So they should be all in favor of letting Lester go...and Scherzer, forget that too.

It's the way baseball is now for big market teams. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    You are always damned if you don't. A team full of home grown pre-free agent eligible. Players is a guaranteed last place team.
    The King of TalkSox has Spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by a700hitter View Post
    Chaim, you are in the big leagues now. Drawing 10,000 fans a game is not going to cut it, and people don’t buy tickets to Fenway to talk about the Farm

Quote Originally Posted by notin View Post
    "Relief pitchers are a crapshoot." No, the truth is "Crapshoot pitchers are relievers."