Register now to remove this ad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9/28 The End

Jacko was right on the money but he apparently didn't read as much of the stuff 700 Hitter, SBF, iortiz and a few others kept harping on. We all said that 2013 was a total aberration, a very pleasant one, but an aberration nevertheless. What we all knew what that there would not be a WS for us in 2014. Well this season was also an aberration because no one to my knowledge had any idea we would suck this badly. Cherington had better not expect a free ride again next season and neither should our mentally challenged manager in the dugout. The fans, media, press and RS Nation in general will want their head on a stick if we are subjected to this kind of ineptness again next season, and, for that matter, Prune Face had better not try to cover for those two if they fall on their faces again because the guns will be turned on him and what he hears and reads will be very unpleasant and not to mention plenty of empty seats.

We're luckier than most other fans because we have gotten three titles the past 11 seasons but that does not mean that Henry should keep guarding the vault while the GM and manager make one blunder after another. And for the record, I do not think Farrell measures up to Girardi, Maddon or Showalter in the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by jacksonianmarch View Post
    I told you guys at the beginning of the season, but nobody wanted to listen. Now everyone is saying it loud and clear. 2013 was a total aberration. You had guys who were over the hill returning to elite status, guys having career seasons, injuries turning questionable positions into strengths, etc. Then you had quite possibly the best post season performance offensively of all time in the WS by a 38 yr old overweight DH. It's like the guy at the craps table who rolls a 7 ten times in a row. You appreciate the cash he won you, but you cannot expect it again. You definitely got worse when Ells left. You also replaced your catcher with a known cancer in AJ Pierzynski. The big thing the sox had in 2013 that a lot of others didn't have was depth. Well, losing Ells and replacing him with Sizemore didn't help. The kids were relied upon out of the get go without a viable veteran alternative. You then fucked up the one rookie who was producing by signing Drew, even though the guy hadn't played for 4 months. A blind man saw this coming. That being said, winning the WS allowed the sox to feel this season out. Imagine if you had won 75 games last yr, there'd be a fire in the streets and Cherington's head on a pole.
    I was up at my buddy's cottage this past weekend with a few friends...all Sox fans...and we laughed about the 2013 WS title because we all viewed it as extremely opportunistic if not lucky. A couple of hot pitchers and Ortiz led a flawed team that somehow got a lot of production out of some marginal talent. I don't think any of us expected this big of a fall off, but 85-77 seemed to be about right given the team they fielded in '14.

That said, I am less disappointed in the team's performance than I am in the riculously over-the-top, mismanaged and ill-conceived ball washing that the Sox FO tried to rain down for Jeter. It was a joke. An absolute joke. The scoreboard debacle? Bobby Orr? Paul Pierce???? Rico Petrocelli? Louis Tiant? Some chick singing R-E-S-P-E-C-T? More embarrassing than the Red Sox W-L record!

Quote Originally Posted by rician blast View Post
    I was up at my buddy's cottage this past weekend with a few friends...all Sox fans...and we laughed about the 2013 WS title because we all viewed it as extremely opportunistic if not lucky. A couple of hot pitchers and Ortiz led a flawed team that somehow got a lot of production out of some marginal talent. I don't think any of us expected this big of a fall off, but 85-77 seemed to be about right given the team they fielded in '14.

That said, I am less disappointed in the team's performance than I am in the riculously over-the-top, mismanaged and ill-conceived ball washing that the Sox FO tried to rain down for Jeter. It was a joke. An absolute joke. The scoreboard debacle? Bobby Orr? Paul Pierce???? Rico Petrocelli? Louis Tiant? Some chick singing R-E-S-P-E-C-T? More embarrassing than the Red Sox W-L record!
    Well this season was a pile of shit Rician no matter how you looked at it. Just one more blemish on a season we'll all be happy to forget as the months ebb on by.